Friday, August 1, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance??

So did I. . . So did I. . .

I was wrong. Sooo wrong. Sure, I've been told that I carry an excellent beat. I can even purposely clap off beat to be funny. I can do such inspirational dance moves such as 'The Sprinkler', 'The Running Man', 'The Roger Rabbit', 'The Shopping Cart', 'Throwing the Dice', 'Bowling', 'Going Fishing', and my personal favorite 'The Lawn Mower'.

Last night I took a workout class with my friend Anna. It's called Zumba. I only thought I had rhythm. I do not. I was trying to do this salsa move while moving from side to side and it turned into the 'Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em' Dance. Seriously. Apparently I am not that coordinated to do swing my hips and move side to side. This could explain my lack of femininity with the male species. I'm just not that sexy enough. Note to self: Read Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou one more time.

And the Zumba workout itself kicked my arse. It was a great workout, and I'm really glad I went. I sweated profusely though so there's no way a man would come up to me afterwards and ask me out. Oh wait. . .they don't do that even when I do shower! I do shower every morning and after sports when I'm super sweaty, thankyouverymuch!

Today I keep making 'ugh' noises every time I sit down. I workout regularly (like 5+ times) a week not to mention the sports I do. So you'd think that I would be able to handle this. Richard Simmons should be worried. So should Eric Nies. Does he even still make 'The Grind' Workouts?? I'm going back to do it again. Why? Because I like pain. And I like the feeling that I'm about to die. And I like that maybe with a little more practice I can salsa and not look like a complete moron. . . okay. . .maybe less of a moron than I do now normally.

No comments: