Monday, August 18, 2008

Yeah. . . I'm here. . .

Sorry I haven't updated. It was a hectic week last week and I was gone for the weekend before to the Wisconsin Dells. I'll start with the weekend before.

I forgot how much fun family vacations are. I mean most of my family vacations growing up were going to spend time with my grandparents and seeing my extended family. Occasionally we did fun traditional vacation things like go to a lake in Minnesota or Wisconsin or went to tourist-y places such as the Badlands and Mount Rushmore.

Well my sister's best friend Marla got married in the Dells last weekend and so we as a family to make it a little mini-vacation. And by mini I mean I got to spend Friday, Saturday, and three hours on Sunday with them and then had to drive back home on Sunday because my boss was coming into town either Monday or Tuesday. He never told me when exactly, so I just had to be back.

Things that are awesome to do: Stay at a water park resort.

It was a blast and it brought back all my favorite childhood memories. Plus even though my parents are 60+ they still LOVE to have fun at water parks.

Things that are bad: Your body doesn't recover like it should. My body ached for days later. But totally worth all the fun we had.

Funniest comments:

My mom, dad, brother-in-law and I playing mini-golf and my bro-in-law saying "oooh, I should have hit her harder!" and then my mother saying "That's what she said!"

_________________________________

My sister and I at night going down a new slide on a double tube that was 3 stories up--
Me: Oh Shit! Oh Shit! Oh Shit! (It's pitch black and I can't see, and we're heading straight down.)

My sis: Quit saying Oh Shit!

5 second pause

My sis: Oh Shit! Oh Shit! Oh Shit!!!


__________________________

My nephew: I don't like you anymore because you wouldn't give me a cookie. That's not you aunt A.

Soo. . .

My family continued the family vacation and visited Gramps and the extended family. Did I get to go?? No. . .my boss was in town. Further proof he is an ahole. :) My family was sooo kind to call me and tell me all the fun they were having and how they wished I could be there to partake in the fun. Thanks family!!

I did get to enjoy the 2nd most fun place to go besides Las Vegas though with my sister and her family for a few hours on Thursday. That was fun. And I got a corn dog AND funnel cake. Yummm!!!

Last weekend was pretty boring seeing as all the fun I had the weekend before. Good times. I know I have more stories.

No comments: