Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things that I thought about in the last 24 hours. . .

I couldn't come up with a better title. . . so that's what you're stuck with people!

--Last night I realized that sometimes you don't get what you want and that might be a good thing.

--When you grow apart from people, it's just as easy to grow back in. It's up to you to decide if you should.

--I'm glad I'm not married yet. I would hate to be married and divorced right now.

--I realized that sometimes a smile can make you feel better even when the person doesn't realize they made you happy.

--When I got home last night I actually thought of the song that has taken me approximately 2, maybe 3 months to remember. I thought I had remembered it but realized when I heard Steve Carell sing it in Dan in Real Life that that was the song I had been trying so desperately to remember. And then I realized it would make my whole world for a guy to come to my door with a guitar and start singing this song. Thank you Pete Townshend. Thank you.
Some lyrics:
I have the only key to your heart
I can stop you from falling apart
Try today, you'll find this way
Come on and give me a chance to say

Let my love open the door, it's all I'm living for
Release yourself from misery
There's only one thing gonna set you free
That's my love, that's my love

Let My Love Open the Door. . . to your heart

You're welcome for getting that song in your head!

--I realized that you shouldn't be sarcastic to your boss. One of my employees said something to me that even I wouldn't say to my boss!! I'm actually still mad about it and not sure what to say. I had to stop and pick up some papers with our client and just did it first thing this morning and didn't call to say I was going to be late because I figured they would realize that's what I was at considering I said last night before I left I said "I'll probably go pick those up first thing this morning." Well, of course, no one remembered. And the new employee actually said "Well I usually don't expect you here until 8:30 anyway."

Now first things first. When I sprained my ankle badly, I did get here closer to 8:30 because it hurt to drive in heavy traffic on it but I also stayed until 5-5:30pm so I was working a good 8 hour day. Secondly, I will be the first to admit I don't get here all the time at 8am. I get here at 8:10-8:15am usually. But I (at least Mon-Thurs) stay until 5 no matter what. And the days that I beat my employees in they are getting here after 8 and she is always prompt to leave at 4:30. I have never taken a sick day. I will either come in late if I am sick or leave around 3. (Usually after my fever breaks. hehe!) And I work weekends usually to make up that time. So... needless to say her comment pissed me off to no end.

I never comment to my boss about how he doesn't do work when he's here. I never comment to him when he's late or when he leaves early. NEVER. I do say a lot of sarcastic comments to him but nothing with regards to his work ethic or work habits. Never that. That's disrespectful in my opinion. And especially because I know that I work a lot more than my employees and some days that's not saying much!!!

--I miss my friends and family that aren't here. I wish we could all just live like an hour away from each other. Or just snap our fingers and do lunch on the spur of the moment.

--My roommate might be moving out. She said she's needing to move back to her husband. I'm glad she's decided that but sad that I will have to pay fully for my place if she does get a job back home. :(

People have joked that Dean should move in since he's basically living in our friend's basement. H and I discussed how this wouldn't be a good idea even though I'm pretty much over him. Mainly because if he was making out with some girl on our couch I can't guarantee I wouldn't be jealous. She said to remedy that, we should set rules such as me being able to make out with any guy, anywhere, at any time, and he cannot do anything of the sort. Works for me!!!

No comments: