Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I Am My Dad's Favorite. . .

Now I wasn't always my Dad's favorite. Any relative and close family friend could tell you that. My sister was always number one even though my parents always swore they had no favorites. But it was obvious.

Anyway, this weekend my Dad came to see my Gramps and on Friday told me that he was going to spend Saturday night with me. It mainly was because he was still really jealous that my Mom came in May and spent the ENTIRE weekend with me for Mother's Day. And she, of course, always brings up how she and I had such a wonderful time that weekend, how I pampered her, and bought her a really cute purse.

So on Saturday, Dad and I went to go buy some beer for him for the thing he had on Sunday. He wanted to buy the Miller product Land Shark. And I said "Dad, that's not brewed by Miller. It's Anheiser-Busch." And he said "No it's not. It's Miller." And I said "Dad-I was at Katie's and they had a coaster on their bar, and I said to Katie that I was surprised and didn't know it was brewed by Anheiser." You see, my friend Katie's husband is a brewmeister for Anheiser-Busch. He was adamant about it so I called Katie to clarify. Then later, Katie called back to tell me, that yes I was right. On the label it says Margaritaville Breweries but it's actually Anheiser. They just package it that way because it's a Jimmy Buffet thing. Of course, my Dad cannot tell me that I'm right and says I'm still wrong.

Later on in the night we were talking about something and he says, "So you think you're right about everything, huh??" and I said, "Well obviously I am. Look at earlier today with Land Shark."

And yes, he still hasn't talked to me. :)

No comments: