Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adventures in Travelling.. .

Things you should avoid doing: Running through the airport in your new shoes.

Why would someone do that?? Oh because you had to sit on the runway with the plane off for 40 minutes BEFORE you could taxi to your gate and then had to literally sprint with all your luggage from B1 to B42. And barely made the flight. AWESOME. They were waiting for you though because they knew you and 5 other people had to make that connection. Now I have to wear big band aids on the back of my heel for the rest of the week. They are adorable shoes though. Even with the blood stain slightly on the back.

I'm in Miami this week for work. And it's HOT. And Humid. It gets pretty humid here in the summers, but nothing compares to this humidity. That is why I am never moving to Miami. I was sweating just walking the 4 blocks to the train. And my hair is now all wavy and poofy. It was sleek and straight before I left. Glad I took the time to do my hair this morning.

Last night I ventured out alone to eat at the Brewery next to my hotel. I know. I NEVER go out to eat by myself, but I was basically forced to since I was all alone. My goal was to just sit at the bar and eat and maybe some cute guy would come up and talk to me. Well when getting to the bar, there are only old men. And old men for some reason love me and they usually turn out to be creepy, dirty old men, so I am freaking out on where to sit. Then I see this girl sitting by herself and since there was no place to sit without sitting next to someone, I sit next to her. She happens to be from St. Paul, MN, and is there for work as well. What are the odds?!?

And yes, there was a creepy guy that kept looking at me that was sitting a chair away from me. I was lucky to have a normal person! Too bad the creepy guy couldn't have bought my meal! :)

I am still in the process of writing the post from the roadtrip. . . it will get done. . . sometime. . .

No comments: