Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm confused. . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26551009/

Basically (in case you don't want to read the article) it's saying how Ashton Kutcher's ex-girlfriend was murdered and they think they have the guy in custody that supposedly killed her.

Now the thing that has me thinking is the whole ex-girlfriend. See, I guess I'm perplexed at what makes a girlfriend. It says that this woman was killed in her apartment. And the night she was killed, Ashton was supposed to pick her up for an awards thing. He went to the door, she didn't answer, and he then walked around back and saw what he thought were wine stains on the floor and left. He was not the one that discovered her dead though. It was another friend of hers that did.

Now, I would hope if they were actually dating that my boyfriend knowing that we had a date especially for something say an awards show, would take more time in trying to locate me. I mean, if we had plans, I would hope that he would be the one to find me dead. He should know me well enough to know I'm not going to flake on something important to him. Now as a friend, it would make total sense in say thinking that maybe I forgot and then didn't call and let you know or something. And you would just go around the back and be like "Oh well!" That's a little bit more forgivable. However if you're my friend and you're supposed to go to something important with me and skip out. . . I would be pissed!! Perhaps I am the type though that if my friend said they are going to go to something with me and I go to pick them up and they aren't there, I would be calling them or calling a roommate or another common friend and be like WTF?? Because I wouldn't be taking just any friend to an awards show. I'd be taking either a boyfriend or a good guy friend that I know would be a blast. I just find it all around weird. But perhaps this is before everyone and their grandma had a cell phone so Ashton had no way of getting a hold of her. It was in 2000. I guess I'm quasi disappointed in the lack of effort Ashton had in finding the girl. Because if it were me, I'd be at the girlfriend/friend's house after the awards show and be like "Thanks for ditching me!" I also talk a big game, but I am completely a non-confrontational person and probably wouldn't do that, but I might tape a post-it note to his/her door.

I don't know if they are just trying to generate some media coverage for the killer by saying Ashton Kutcher's ex-girlfriend. Who apparently also killed several other women. I think he should be locked up for life. However, I also feel that if they are putting this in the media like they are, that it will be tough to find a jury that won't be partial. Which then irritates me because his victims might not get the justice they deserve if he was in fact the killer.

That is my Friday rant. . . Have a good weekend!!!!

No comments: