Thursday, September 4, 2008

Were you DYING in anticipation???

Things have been hectic here in A-Land.

I have work and my gramps had surgery on Tuesday. He's fine which is good. But I went and saw him in the afternoons and also Wednesday morning and this morning. He's being discharged this afternoon (well that's what they told me this morning) so that's good!

This weekend I'll be in IL visiting the family briefly and then am going to the Cardinals game! WAHOO! YEAH Busch Stadium! And really the only reason I am going to the game is because Brophy asked me to because it's Albert Pujols Bobblehead day. This is the only reason he wanted to go. I wanted to go because I hadn't been to the new Busch Stadium. His girlfriend was giving me a hard time about stealing him away this weekend, but we worked out a deal that she would pick up guys for me this weekend, and I would hang out with her boyfriend. haha!! And technically I didn't steal him away. We made these plans before he had even met her, let alone started dating her. And I jokingly told her as such. Have I mentioned how awesome his girlfriend is?!? Technically I've only met the girls Brophy has gone on like one date with, but I think this one is definitely a keeper!

Tonight is my first night of Kickball. And in case you were wondering, yes I am 12. :) And our team name is The 5th Grade Bullies. I thought it was appropriate. We're still trying to decide on shirts. I was thinking of the picture of the kid who played the one O'Doyle kid in Billy Madison. Remember "O'Doyle Rules!"

Oooh you might possibly be wondering how my Tuesday night went. It went well. Wine Rep actually showed up. We lost 2 games but won 1. :( We were in the SUN though for the 2 we lost. I got hit in the face (not hard) with the ball because I lost it in the sun. Nice. Wine Rep left right after the game, and when I asked why, he said it was because he needed to eat before his other volleyball game at 8:30. Not sure if I believe that considering the place we play at has awesome food and a full menu of more than just "bar" food. I'm thinking it might have a little more to do with Dean being there, but whatever. Not worth wasting my time thinking about his weirdness. Also, he hasn't called me all week. Oh well!

Anyway. . . so later Dean and I went and grabbed some food at another favorite bar place of ours. And while we're talking he says "so. . . this is going to sound weird, but Wine Rep is really good looking." And then high fives me and says "Good Job!" I cannot make this up people. The awkwardness that I felt at this moment is beyond words. Even my friend Sarah who feels Wine Rep is beyond HOT didn't even high five me after she met him. Dean then went on to say that I know he's not into guys and I said "well I've had my suspicions at times." And then he proceeded to tell me about his male whoreness over the weekend. We split soup and when he asked why I got two spoons I said, "I don't know where your mouth has been and really don't want to take any chances." Yes, I'm nice like that and I went there. I did try to ear muff him out but he wouldn't have any of it. Lovely. I'm glad that we're back to being friends and all, but seriously!! TMI. T. M. I.

I'll let you know how my weekend is. . . I'm sure it will be great! We're staying with one of my good college friends in St Louis--whose husband just so happens to be the brew meister for this little company called Anheiser Busch. Not sure if you've heard of them. I'll let you know how it is! :)

1 comment:

H said...

Albert Pujols? Psssshhh. It's Rick Aguilera bobblehead weekend for me!