Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Things I need to do every weekend

RELAX.

On Friday for some reason I was so tired. And despite my friends best attempts to get me to go to happy hour, I refused and went home instead and took a nap. For 2 hours. Now I should say, I guess I did a mini-happy hour with my work people downstairs at the brewery. . .so I guess I didn't say "No" to happy hour all together. I just said "No to happy hour and then staying out until 2am." Now don't be worried that I didn't go out at all. At about 6:30pm I got a text from my friend Kattie asking where in the world I was at. I said "Home. Just woke up." And then I got "What are you wearing?" I knew at this point it wasn't Kattie but couldn't pick out who it was from our friends seeing as one of the main culprits of the dirty texts was playing volleyball. So I said "What do you want me to be wearing?? Jeans??" And I got "Daisy Dukes" back in response. And then said "Are you coming out?" I thought about it and said "Sure." So I met them out. And then Brophy was disappointed when I didn't show up in my Daisy Dukes.
(FYI-I do not own a pair of these, so how on earth I would show up in them is any one's guess.)
Then after about 2 hours, we decided to leave. I then went home, made homemade salsa, and went back over to Kattie's where we sat on her porch, drank, and ate salsa until about midnight.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling refreshed and went to the Farmer's Market with Christine, where we ate an egg roll and homemade ice cream for breakfast. We also had a fair share of wine samples from about 4 different wineries. I tasted two different wines that literally tasted like Welch's sparkling grape juice. These could be dangerous. And delicious. And dangerous. I'm going to the winery to buy some of these. :) Then after I bought some veggies, we decided to go to one of our favorite outdoor patios and have a Strongbough. If you haven't ever enjoyed this beer, it tastes like apple juice. Slightly carbonated apple juice. With a higher alcohol content than regular beer. And well, apparently I was a little bit more happy than I thought because I knocked my beer over when it was half-full. Apparently an egg roll and ice cream aren't good fillers. This is also where my sickness of talking with my hands can turn deadly. I only knocked about a quarter of it out so not that bad of a party foul. I came home and took yet another 2 hour nap. I started to wonder if I was coming down with something but realized that I could not remember the last time I purposely didn't make any plans so I could do whatever I wanted to.

Saturday night, Kattie and I decided to do Mexican and drink margaritas. This is always a good idea. Unless you go at 6pm. And drink several of these. So by the time I get home, I decided to ditch out on watching movies with friends and opted to just lay on the couch and watch the IL game instead. They need to learn how to tackle. That's all I'm going to say.

Sunday I got up and Dan and I went to church like we usually do. Then Christine, Robb, and I were supposed to go to the winery but Christine got sick. At this point, I realize a lot of people aren't really wine people at this point in time. And a lot of people are out of town or had birthday parties. Oh well. Kattie and I went shopping instead. And I got some new sunglasses. Sunday night, I went to Dan's and played Rock Star. If you haven't played this, it's awesome. However, after playing it for 4 hours, different parts of my body hurt. My ankle that I sprained has been hurting from playing the pedal on the drums. My wrist hurts from strumming the bass. And playing the drums in real life and playing them on Rock Star are completely different. Also I realized that while I am not tone deaf, I apparently am "Pitch-y". I finally realized what Randy Jackson was talking about. However, I completely rocked a Good Charlotte song. I think it was a Good Charlotte song. Doesn't matter though, I rocked it. :)

Monday I went to the ICubs where Brophy somehow managed to get me to drink more than I thought I was going to. And by that, I mean, I wasn't going to drink anything and ended up drinking a beer at the bar AND a 24oz at the game. And a water. You know, for hydration purposes. :) I made a frittata for my cousin and I for dinner and just talked.

What a good way to top off the long weekend! I hope this week goes just as well.

Things that might be awkward tonight though: Dean and I play volleyball together. We need a player because 2 people are on vacation and my cousin now has to go out of town for work. So Wine Rep is "Supposed" to play. I use quotes because he sucks at keeping his word on doing things. . . so I'm not holding my breathe. We'll see if it goes well though. I mean it should. Dean and I are friends. Wine Rep and I are friends. There is absolutely NOTHING to feel awkward about.

No comments: