Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This is my confession. . .

Anyone else singing Usher?!?

Yesterday was filled with Bad news. I would like to call it "Bad News Monday" but it was a Tuesday. In the morning, my friend Jeremy emailed me to tell me that an old co-worker of mine passed away. She was maybe 40. And she had 3 kids, ages 9,7, and 5. She had a brain tumor about 4 years ago and was doing fine until about a month a half ago when a bunch of tumors came and just sort of took over her body. Michelle was such a great person. She had moved to Ohio right before I moved, and I lost touch with her. She had been doing well when I had asked about her in November. It's just sad. She and I would always talk about Nip/Tuck and the cute guys that worked in the bank that she would tell me I needed to date! haha!

Then my friend Sarah said they found out what was wrong with her Grandma. She has cancer in her liver, lung, and rib cage. I told her I know a doctor she could call that could get rid of maybe 2 out of 3, but the Doctor said there wasn't anything they could do. They were calling in Hospice yesterday. It's just soo sad to think about. I remember my Grandpa R. It was in June, 3 years ago now, that he passed away from a brain tumor. He was 89 and had lived such a long life, but the tumor spread within a week and he was gone. He was such a character and so full of life, it's weird to think how quickly he went from spry and alive to not being able to move. He's in a better place now, I know, but I still miss him. And I know how hard it is on Sarah being so far away from her Grandma. And it's her last Grandparent. I don't know what I'll do when Gramps goes.

So then after work my Mom calls me to tell me my 2nd cousin passed away at 39 of a heart attack unexpectedly. She had small children as well. I didn't know her very well at all. And I think the last time I saw her I was maybe 4 or 5. I remember her Grandmother, her Mom, and she and her siblings from stories and whatnot, but personally I didn't know them. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

I am also wondering why on earth my posts have been depressing. But right now, I guess death and depression is supposed to be a part of my life at the moment. And maybe it just helps to write about it. Maybe.

But this is not what my confession it is. It's more or less the thing that I read this morning that made me waaaay to happy to be normal.

Zac Efron is going to be on Entourage.

Okay, please try and calm down. I was just like you. I have a crush on someone that is barely of legal age. Wait. . .he might be 21 now. Not sure. Anyway, had I not seen the movie 17 Again, we wouldn't have this problem. He was hot in this movie. H-O-T. HOT. Okay now my heart rate is back to normal just thinking about it. But he's going to be on Entourage which is like one of my favorite shows. I cannot wait!!

On the weird front, which is actually the normal front for me, I had another CIA dream last night. I don't know if it's because I watched approximately 5 minutes of Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night or what. But I was definitely keeping Brad safe from being killed by terrorists or something after Angie was hurt in a helicopter crash and disappeared. I was handed a note she had written before the crash and then had to keep Brad safe. In the dream, I somehow went from being his adopted daughter to protecting him. I think I was pretending to be in high school or college but was actually like 30-years-old which works because I generally get confused for a 19-year-old. It was a very intense dream, and I think that also explains why I am soo tired this morning. Also Brad went from being my "Dad" to being really attracted to me. Which was awkward. But it was probably because I was soo bad ass. Needless to say, my alarm went off when I was getting ready to karate chop some guy that had followed us into the newly built house we were hiding out in. I am thinking that since most of my skills in my CIA dreams are pretty spot on Alias style so we probably escaped. :)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: