Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things that irked me this week. . .

I'm an overly sensitive person. I know this. With some people, the overly sensitiveness is extremely heightened. But within the last week, it got ridiculous.

So. . . last Tuesday I went out to The Hangover with Dean and Jamie. On the way there, he informs me that his ex-girlfriend was having her 21st birthday the next night and she wanted him to go to it. And I said "Really?? After a couple of weeks ago she had texted you and said not to talk to her or touch her because she couldn't handle it?? You're soo getting laid." And he said "What?!? No. . ." And I said "It's her 21st birthday, she'll be drunk, and she's in love with you still. So you'll sleep together, she'll want a relationship again, you'll tell her you're not into her still, and she'll start stalking you. Your relationship goes full circle then." He did not find this funny. I thought it was pretty funny. And I've had this happen to a number of guy friends! haha! Plus after they broke up she apparently was quasi stalking his Facebook because she got mad at a couple of comments his friends made after they broke up.

Anywho, fast forward to after the movie and us sitting at the bar having a beverage. So these 2 girls from where Dean and Jamie work part-time and said ex-girlfriend worked come in. The one is all over Dean, and you can tell that he is not enjoying this at all. Jamie and I found it kind of funny. Well Jamie tells me that this girl is super annoying and just loves to hear herself talk and repeats things over and over. And Jamie was right. I heard the same thing 4 times in about a 10-minute span when Jamie asked about how her job was going. Well it was getting to be 10pm, and I was needing sleep. So we leave and in the car, Dean tells me that this girl had said that she wanted to have sex with him. And I in my quick wittedness say "You totally should. You could sleep your way around the restaurant!" He did not find this funny. At all. And got very defensive. I said "Well I was only joking. Apparently it was a bad joke." When we got to his house, he didn't even hug me or high five me when he got out.

I email Wyatt on Wednesday and ask if he used to get kind of mad at me when I would kid him about stuff like that and Wyatt said "at first, but then I got over it." So on Wednesday, I texted him in the morning and said "I hope you know I was just razzing you. You seemed kind of pissed when you got out of the car. You didn't even hug or high five me." Then I wrote "Oh and if you need a ride home on Sunday, you should ask Emily." And the response I got was "Can you give me Emily's number." And nothing else. He was going to the Phish concert on Saturday, and was leaving Thursday, so I was like, well he's busy. Then on Sunday, when he was supposed to be coming home, I still hadn't heard anything. Now, I'm kind of pissed and decided I would just delete his phone number.

Now Monday night comes around and I'm getting even more agitated because usually by then he would have called me to tell me about his weekend and whatnot. No matter how busy he was, I would at least get a phone call when he went to bed. So Tuesday I am now livid. I look his number up on my phone account and text him Tuesday morning and say "Are you gravely ill, dead, or still pissed at me???" And no response. . .until about 8pm last night. All day my stomach started hurting and I just felt sick to my stomach. I got a call from his prefix and I let it go to voicemail. I wasn't sure it was him seeing as I deleted his number but figured it was his. He left a message saying he had a good weekend, was just getting back from work, blah, blah, blah. So I called him back and said hi and then was like "If someone texts you twice saying that they think you are mad at them, you should probably text them back and say that you are or aren't mad at them so they don't get a stomach ache for a whole day." He said he was soo busy at work that he didn't have time to text me. Which he could have done really quickly at say oh LUNCH?!? And he said "Ooh I wasn't mad at all. I don't even remember what you said on Tues. So not a big deal."

I wanted to punch him. I don't call him back one day because I was upset and he calls me and texts me non-stop. I don't believe that he wasn't mad. Most everyone I know would say "Oh I'm not mad. Just busy." Or something along those lines. I mean really.

And I still haven't added his phone number to my phone.

No comments: