Friday, June 12, 2009

Randomness, it is my life. . .

So. . . I have 3 funny to me things that came up that I must share.

The first is that I was talking to H and I said "Man, why haven't you updated your blog in awhile? You need to." And she said "What?? I just updated it." And I said "No you didn't it still has something from November." And then H said "Oooh. . .I started a new blog since then."

H for starters, I think you have a problem. 3 blog titles, in 3 years might constitute as a problem. Do we need to send you to Blogaholics Anonymous which coincidentally was the name of your old blog in reverse. . . I am all about starting interventions. However, I really do enjoy the title. And I'm also a little hurt you forgot to tell me. . .3 months ago. . . I mean it's not like we don't talk almost every day. . . I'm just saying. . . :)

The second is that on Saturday we were talking about Facebook and such with my Mom, Aunt, Sister, Cousin, and friend of the family. My Mom, Aunt, and friend of the family are all in their 60s. So we were talking about the quizzes and such and my sister said, "yeah, I took the IQ quiz but they wanted your cell phone number for the results and I figured that since you (me) did it, how'd you bypass giving your cell phone number??" And I said "I never took that quiz. I've only ever taken 'What Bar is you in Champaign/Urbana?'" So then she tells me that it said I had an IQ of 132 or something. So as a public service announcement I am letting everyone know that if they say your friends took the quiz for their IQ, I would be questioning it. But that wasn't the funny part of the convo. My Mom took the Personality test one and she didn't like the personality they said she was. So she took it 3 different times, answering the questions differently, only for the quiz to say she was the exact same personality 4 times. And I finally said "Mom, did you ever think that maybe you are that personality then???" To which she smacked me on the arm.

The third is that my little cousin and I have been talking more via IM since she's out of school for the summer. Anyway, she has been filling me in on all sorts of high school drama that she has encountered and what not. But yesterday I realized that she actually creates part of her own drama. On her own. Without help from others. And when I brought this to her attention, she says "Oh no. It's okay with all of them." So here is the 411. In the last 4 months, she has had 3 different boyfriends. The first one I will refer to as BF1. BF1 and she dated for about 2-3 months and she was totally and madly in love. This was when I kept spouting such things as abstinence and whatnot until after she graduates high school. Then they broke up because he, out of the blue, said he didn't like her anymore. And a week later, he was dating someone else. To which apparently he was dating this person while he was still technically dating my cousin. Then one of his friends started calling her and talking to her and telling her what a jerk BF1 was, etc. Two weeks later, they were dating. So now I will refer to him as BF2.

BF2 and she dated for about 3 weeks. During this time, they still hung out with BF1 and his new girlfriend. Well then BF2 kept getting mad because he thought that BF1 still had feelings for her and vice versa. Really?!? You just started dating your best friend's girlfriend 2 weeks after they broke up and are wondering if he still likes her?? Really?!? Then she said she wanted to take a break and if he didn't like it, they could break up completely. BF2 chose breaking up completely. Enter good friend of BF1 and BF2, who gets the awesome name of BF3.

Apparently BF3 told her he liked her and a girl that is 19 and in college. He told her BF1 and BF2 weren't good enough for her. BF2 didn't treat her well. BF1 was okay. No one is apparently really friends with BF2 because of the way he treats girl. Then 2 days ago, she started dating the friend of BF1 and BF2. Now, I am trying to be a level headed person here, so I said "Ummm. . . don't you think that maybe you shouldn't date friends??"

I mean I know from personal experience that guys even months/years later are still weird when you hit it off with one of their friends and even if nothing happens, and you hang out with the friend more than them, they become jealous. I think it has something to do with their "territory" and whatnot and it would be really weird if human males peed on girls (I mean they do, it's called a Golden Shower, Thanks Jerm!) to mark their territory like dogs do, so they just get all strange acting when it happens. Heck I had an ex get mad when his GAY friend wanted to hang out with me without him. I mean, that's a 100% guarantee that nothing was going to happen. Anywho. . . it just cracks me up. Especially because I do try and give her advice of say not dating friends within a week period and whatnot but she doesn't listen to me to no avail.

And yes, I have to live vicariously through my cousin because I have no love life. Not even a nibble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ on the whole "no love life thing". . . aren't you spending a lot of time with said "Dean". I mean seriously. It's like you guys are dating. It's almost sickening.

That is all.

Idea #527 said...

Anon--I think I know who you are. . .and I'm not afraid to kick you. :)