Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's so hard to say Goodbye. . .

It seems my life if full of death lately. Thank goodness the only person close to me that has died was my great grandma's first cousin who I knew but not really well. I do however, feel bad for a great number of my friends who lost their grandparents in the last couple of weeks. I really don't know what I'll do/be when Gramps goes.

Anyway, I'm sad that Ed McMahon passed away. Can they still do the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes without him?!? I'll probably get a little teary eyed if his Gold commercials come on as well. It seems in the last 6 months that we've lost some pretty iconic people from my childhood. Two of the Golden Girls, Estelle Getty and Beatrice Arthur and now Ed McMahon. Ed, thank you for bringing us Star Search. And "Hey OH!". I'll miss you.

However, with death, there sometimes comes good. I read this and I think I might have cried a little. . . or at least smiled REALLY big.

1 comment:

Narm said...

Every time I see a giant check I'll have a tiny tear. Unless the giant checking is being presented to me. Then I doubt I'll be thinking about Ed McMahon.