Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chemistry, Sparks, but not of the bunsen burner kind. . .

Recently I just find it strange. Love, Chemistry, that whole 'spark' with someone thing. This morning we got to talking at work about how you can have chemistry with someone but not necessarily have that 'spark' with them. And the guy that I work with didn't see how there is a difference. I'm glad the other girl and I had the same thought.



The 'spark' is the whole butterflies and stomach somersaults that you get when you are with someone. Sometimes that spark isn't always there instantaneously, but usually you have the chemistry there.



The chemistry can be of different varieties. It can be the hate chemistry where you seriously hate that person yet are oddly attracted to them. The friend chemistry is where you just sort of click with a person and it feels like you have known them your whole life. The love chemistry is the one that's the most dangerous. It's the one where sometimes you just want to take the other person in the back room and have your way with them and don't really care. There is also the drunk chemistry which sometimes is like the love chemistry except when you wake up in the morning or see that person again, you realize there wasn't even the friend chemistry and alcohol played a very mean experiment on you while you were just minding your own business and having fun.



Maybe I'm picky. I want the chemistry and the spark. I would prefer the spark right away though. I have often thought of calling up sparks of past and seeing if they could answer this question. Like did they have the spark right away or was it just me?? But then after further thought, I thought I'm pretty sure their wives wouldn't appreciate me calling and asking this question.



When I first time, I met Dean Cain, I had the chemistry. The first time we hung out alone together, I had the spark. I had the butterflies and the somersaults in my stomach every time we made eye contact. I still get those and often have to look away from him when making eye contact for too long.



The first time I met Boatman. I didn't have any of that. I didn't even have that when we may or may not have kissed that second time we hung out when I was drunk. I am definitely comfortable with him. But where is the spark??? Where is that love chemistry?? It was more like we were cousins or something.



When I hang out with another guy--I'll call Hollywood--I have the chemistry and a slight spark.



And last night when this guy that I met Saturday called me to hang out, and he came over to my house to go on a walk, I felt the chemistry. We just kept talking and talking,and I felt the chemistry and maybe a potential spark.



But the one guy I know for sure likes me, I don't feel the chemistry with or how the chemistry should feel. Why?? Why does God like playing these cruel jokes on me??

No comments: