Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Music. . .

Last night's concert was great! Colbie Caillat was fantastic! I did get slightly sad when she sang "Bubbly" but as I mentioned yesterday, it sort of was the song that got her famous. . .

I was really happy with her song choices too. . . well I mean. . . she only has one album out, but she still managed to not sing all the songs on her album. She did a rendition of "I want you Back" by the Jackson 5. . .this also happens to be my ring back tone, so of course I loved it! :)
(On a complete side note: it's soooo much better than the Barney Theme Song that someone keeps thinking is a good idea to have as mine. . . I mean really?!? Haven't I suffered enough??)

Colbie (since we're BFFs I'll call her that) also sang some new songs that I imagine will be on an upcoming album. She is touring with John Mayer soon, so I am glad I got to see her before she hit it REALLY big. Much like when I saw Michael Buble and Maroon 5, up close and personal. . . Although I could have stood to by MUCH closer to Michael Buble. I was only 11 rows back in an intimate setting for Maroon 5, so not complaining. . .and my tickets were free.

Things I didn't like about the show:

The opening act--Trevor Hall. He was okay. . . but I would have much rather heard Colbie's real life boyfriend Jason Reeves. . . he is awesome and is from Iowa. And Trevor looked like Ben Seaver from Growing Pains. I can't remember Ben's real name. . .Jeremy something. . . but still, the guy looked a lot like him and my friend Sarah and I kept saying "BEN SEAVER!"

The high school kids there. I mean. . . seriously folks. . . I cannot figure out how some of these girls' parents let them out of the house. Girls are just looking sluttier and sluttier now in high school. No wonder kids are growing up faster. My mom and were just discussing this weekend how kids today have more sex shoved down their throats than even I did. . .and even the children of the 60s and 70s. TV is being more sexually explicit and whatnot even. It's sad but it's true. We're making our kids grow up faster. What's up with that?!? (I think this might be a complete post in itself.)

I think that's all I didn't like. . .

Oh and on a completely unrelated note: I woke up with a KILLER headache this morning. I wonder why. . . I wonder why. . .

No comments: