Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

I know I haven't written anything in awhile. I've been SUPER busy. I really can't figure out where my time goes but I can guarantee that I am pretty sure I've been having a good time along the way.

I do have some pretty good posts to write. . . at some point. It doesn't help that I've been busy at work AND after work. I really don't think that I have been home sitting at night for probably the last month. I'm in desperate need for a day off which I will take soon. I was going to wait for a really nice day but apparently that day is today (which I can't take off) and last Wednesday when I was stuck at the Phoenix airport for 6 hours.

I will leave you with these brief highlights:

Last night during my softball game, I hit in the tying run and my pinch runner was hit in to win the game. So subsequently, I helped win the game! Wahoo! (And yes I have a pinch runner because well. . . my ankle is still messed up and when I run I think people slightly pee their pants with laughter. )

When I lived in Champaign we had three spots that were (and are when I come back to visit) a given that we are going to eat at. Breakfast--Le Peep, Lunch/Dinner--Any of the El Torrero's and Jupiter's pizza. My dad has actually gotten numerous people hooked on Jupiter's pizza. It's fantastic. They have even opened up another location. And when I first moved to Champaign there was only one El Torrero and now there are 3. THREE. One on each farside of town and one in the middle. I crave this place and have yet to find something even remotely close here.
On Sunday I took my Dad to this pizza place I'd never eaten at which I heard was fantastic. Worst. Idea. EVER. You know why? It's wonderful. And now I wish I never knew how good it was. It's also 17 blocks from me. It's not good either way you look at it. My Dad even gave it probably the best compliment anyone could get--Second best pizza next to the ORIGINAL Pasquale's pizza. And do you know how I know how good it really was?? My dad originally said, "We'll just get the biggest one and then you can take some home." And well, my dad ate all of it. He literally sat there with two pieces left, when I mentioned, how full I was and that we could just get a box and he said "No, I will finish this. I just need to decide what flavor I want to end with." And with that, he finished it. We finished a half veggie pizza with bacon (I know sort of defeats the purpose of veggie but it's my dad, it's not a pizza without meat!) and Hawaiian pizza. And so now we've finally found a favorite must eat at spot besides Friday Pork Tenderloin at the Cabco. Because well people. . . it's only on Friday's for Lunch and my family rarely is able to come Friday afternoons. :)

Have a great day!

I'm making homemade Sangria and Margarita's tonight! WAHOO!!!!

No comments: