Monday, May 19, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Idea #527. . .

Sometimes I think that well. . . I might be too nice to people and then I prove myself right.


My Grandpa can be extremely grumpy sometimes and yet I drive up an hour and half to see him all the time (now only twice a month because of the gas prices as opposed to every weekend I am here). And when I tell my Dad he's grumpy, dad says to quit visiting him. However, my dad can be grumpy too, but he doesn't let me quit visiting him.

I think my mom deserves an award for being probably the sweetest lady on earth. She drove 45 minutes at 9:30 at night (and was up at 4am) to go be with my dad, knowing that she had to be up again at 5am to drive back the 45 minutes. NICE LADY. I would have stayed in bed where I already was.

Sometimes even though you have the best intentions and say things that aren't hurtful, people take them seriously. The first time I met one of my good guy friends, I thought he was a Dickhead and last night before our game we were playing True Colors and the question was asked who here is not the person you initially thought they were. Myself and another friend thought he was a dickhead when we first met him and subsequently after getting to know him, I've become good friends with him and realized he's not the person I thought he was. Last night, he couldn't get over the fact I thought he was a dick. Our other guy friend thought he was a big fat douche bag, but he's not nearly as mad about that seeing as that has come out in conversation before.

Why does it feel like just because we aren't weird friends anymore, that we've broken up?? I feel like I'm trying too hard in Dean and my's friendship. Much like when a guy from college and I broke up and months later he showed up at my door wanting to be friends. It was like I trying for a long time to be friends with him. Maybe it just takes time to go back to being good friends again. And before the weirdness began, I didn't try at all. Maybe he feels the same too.

Dean got lost today and called me to help him find his way back. It makes me realize that I shouldn't date someone who can't seem to get himself out of the broad side of a barn. This town is not hard to get around in at all. Plus he's lived here for OVER a year and a half. And lived off of the exit he was supposed to take.

1 comment:

pj said...

I'm not sure "grumpy" is the right word for the moods of the males we are related to.

I've had the problem of people taking things the wrong way, too. As a result I am sitting here totally friendless. Just kidding. Sort of.