Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Thoughts. . .

Do you remember Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey?? I miss that guy. I bought my friend Jayne a book with them for her birthday one year, many, many, MANY years ago. . . my favorite one was:
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

I can't explain why I remember that one either. . .

Or this one:
I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

I take that back. . . the Chihuahua one is probably my favorite.

Can I just tell everyone how much I love AND hate Girl Scout cookies. Why do they have to taste sooo good?!? And you know when you're buying them you're helping a little girl go to camp or get some cheap stereo that's pink. Yet they are soo horribly bad for you. Why can't they be high fiber and be like 50 calories. I want THOSE cookies. :)

I'm looking forward to tonight though. . . We're going to a Fish Fry. Man I love Lent! :) However, we are going to drink after that. I wonder is that's an oxymoron some how. I'll ponder that with my group while we drink a tall one. And tomorrow is game night. The girls are totally going to dominate. Can't wait!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

--A

No comments: