Monday, May 2, 2011

Reasons why I just laugh at my life . . .

Well I've realized that I can only just sit back and laugh at my life now. LAUGH. My roommate and I did that all this weekend although we determined my laugh sounded less happy and more creepy psycho killer, so I guess I need to work on the laugh track.

I also have pinpointed when my life started to just be funny. Not the "haha" funny but the "omg if I don't laugh I might just start crying all the time and then who wants to be around that" funny. It was when my work computer crashed and I lost 2 years worth of everything.

2 weeks ago I went to get an oil change and my tires balanced and rotated. Well that's when I found out that the last people who rotated my tires, stripped my lug nuts and thus they couldn't get them off. They spent 30 minutes trying to get them off. Step in my "knight in shining armour" who is my friend's husband who is also a mechanic. I call him and he says "Don't go to a tire place, I should be able to do that and yes you'll be able to drive back to IL."

Well as I mentioned last week, my check engine light started flashing. Here comes Todd to the rescue to look at my car. Well on Friday I started to notice this burnt rubber smell which I know isn't good, but Todd's coming to look at my car so I don't really worry. After he checks my car, he says "Don't drive this unless it's an emergency until I can fix it. It's misfiring." We switch cars on Saturday, and well what we thought was wrong was just the tip of the iceberg. But luckily, we buy parts and bless his heart, he spends 10.5 hours on Sunday fixing it. So this morning, we were just going to switch cars but alas he said there's another misfiring in a new cylinder. Awesome. I have no idea what this would have cost going to a dealership to fix, but I was buying parts on his discount, so it's saving me some dough. I don't know what he's going to charge me for labor but I do know he always under charges me.

Anyway, on Saturday morning I also found out Dean is engaged. And right after that I started shaking and then went for a 4-mile run. And I should state. . . I almost died on my run. I ran until I thought my legs were going to quit. . . walked. . . and ran some more. I was really down on Saturday. Then was completely fine on Sunday. I shouldn't be surprised either. I mean, he hasn't talked to me since Kickball ended in October. I wrote him a friend break-up email in December that he never responded to. This news shouldn't be a surprise. I never did cry either. I think the main reason I was upset is because well as my Dad said "You fixed him. He had soo many problems, and you fixed him." And he's right. He had a crap ton of issues and I was always there, fixing them. Maybe I'm a fixer. But alas, I'm not near as sad as I thought I would be on Saturday. Dan always stated that he had me on the "hook" and I guess he was right. :) Thanks Dan!

I'm pretty sure the reason he quit talking to me was because of her, but I don't 100% know for sure. I guess (and as I've said numerous times on my blog) not everyone can have as awesome of a wife/girlfriend as my friend Wyatt's wife Kendra. She also reads the blog now and I know I've told her, but I appreciate her awesomeness more than she'll ever know. You want to be happy for people when something awesome like that happens, but I can't be happy because I feel like I've lost a friend. The sad part is this is not the only other guy friend where I can't be happy he's engaged. With the other friend, and it's just not me, he became different. And well, I'm not invited to his wedding either, so maybe that's for the best, since I'm not all that happy for him. But I'm not the only friend who feels this way either, so. . .

On a happy note, my sister is about ready to Pop! I love it. Also in the next few days, Megs and Steph are having their babies. Megs said she was still "baking" as of Friday. Love it! Which also means I lost the bet for when she was going be having Gavin. Oh well!

My nephew also lost his first tooth. Why does he have to grow up?!? I forgot to ask my sister what the going rate was for the Tooth Fairy now. I'll have to call and ask him today. I didn't get to go to his Church Program either yesterday but he did sing me one of the songs. Soo cute!

Happy Monday! It's starting to get warmer! WAHOOOO!!!

No comments: