Friday, May 6, 2011

Back into the Swing of things. . .literally. . .

Well. . . I was able to pick my arm up enough to bat. . . so that was good. . . whether I batted well or not is a different story. But according to my favorite Umpire Duane. . . it was a PRACTICE game. ;)

I didn't realize how much I love softball until last night. And maybe it's not necessarily softball but the routine that softball has for us.

It was going to Pal Joey's before the game and the owner saying "HEY! It's soo good to see you again! Bud Light??" And then when we left I waved goodbye and he came out and hugged me and said not to be a stranger. I got a hug. A HUG. haha! We've been going there before and sometimes after games for the last 4 years, so he should remember us. My Father reading this is going to ask if I drop some serious cash there during the summer, but he's been with us there, so I guess he should know the answer to that question. And in case you other folks are wondering, I never drink more than 1 or 2 beers before softball because it's softball and I really need as quick of reflexes as possible as to not get jacked in the face!

Then we get to the field and our favorite Ump Duane gave me a high five and side hug. Then we talked about how awesome my friend Erin who works with him is. . . :) And Erin--he told me what a great time it was travelling with you to San Antonio. I didn't tell him how you told me he was all spiffed up for travel and you were travelling basically in your PJs for your 6am flight.

I think it's the comradery that softball brings too. Most of the teams have been playing out there as long as we have. And other friends play out there at the same time, too, so you just see so many friends and acquaintances. It's just nice. It just feels like home.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all those Mother's out there! My sister is 50% effaced and 3cm dilated at the moment. She wants to hold off until after Mother's Day and would like him on the 10th-my Grandma Mona's birthday.

My friend Steph is having a C-Section today for her little boy too. She was hoping to go natural, but the baby's shoulders are too big. :(

Meghan is also due any day. I picked today for her in the pool. . . let's hope! :)

My funny Mom story is the call I got on Wednesday morning. I left a message on Tues night asking if we should send my sister a big bouquet of flowers for not only Mother's Day but for Teacher Appreciation week as well. She agreed and then said she had a dilemma and didn't know how to bring it up to me. I asked what it was and well. . . she wants me to quit sending her cards. She can't get herself to throw them away since they are usually sweet or if they are funny, I write something sweet in them, and she just has too many now and just doesn't know where to put them.

Ooh Mommy, I LOVE YOU! :)

Happy Friday and have a glorious weekend!

No comments: