Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tsk. . . Tsk. . .

I had a pretty bad Monday. It just didn't start out well. The plumber was supposed to be at my house at 7:30am and didn't get there until after 8:30. Why?? They put it on the main schedule but not on the individual technician's schedule. Luckily, it wasn't anything major and my home warranty should cover it. Ooh yeah!

Then my check engine light came on as I was heading back to work at Lunch. But it didn't just come on and stay. . . it proceeded to blink. That is not a good thing. Luckily, my friend's a mechanic and loves to work on my car. "Loves" might be a strong word, but he does like saving me money when he can. The only down side is that now I can't drive to see my Gramps on Saturday.

So today I'm at lunch with my friend Sarah and we were talking about the whirlwind that has become my life lately.

I actually inadvertently know someone that was killed in the random attack in Afghanistan yesterday. This family is going through so much right now too with cancer and then to have their son die. :(

And then my friend Jenna's husband's brother-in-law died in the tornadoes last night in Alabama. They are on their way now down there.

Horrible!

It's always weird to read the paper and see the bad things on the news and feel soo happy that you're not affected by it. And then to know people personally who are affected by it is a different story. I feel so much for them. Soo much! Please keep them in your thoughts.

Anyway, I digress. . . So Sarah and I are talking and she says "I didn't know you were having a bad day on Monday, you weren't in a bad mood at all!" And I said, "Well, lately my life has just been just one bad day, and I'm really trying to just move on from it."

Cut to 5 minutes later we are walking in the skywalk and I nail my elbow on the window pane. I mean NAIL it. We both just start laughing. . . because really. . . that's all I can do at this point.

Laugh.

1 comment:

pj said...

Wow, Annie. When I saw your FB post today about praying I wanted to tell you to pray for my sorry soul every second of every day. Then I read this.

Color me lucky.