Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dreams, schemes, and other things

I don't know why, but lately, I have had some weird dreams. And most of them have all involved me getting married or in love. Which is something that is far from my real life. I do have a lot of friends getting married in the upcoming months, so maybe that's why.


I know that I want to be married someday and really thought it would be before now, but life takes these unexpected turns. Sometimes you have to follow the road you're headed down and when something else comes down it, I guess that's when you take another turn.



The latest dream had me trying to find my soon to be husband the day of our wedding. And do you know where he was at?? Playing basketball with the NBA team he is on, and they were practicing in my high school gym. He said "Wait isn't it bad luck for me to see you before the wedding?" And I said "Isn't it bad luck to be late for your wedding??" I wasn't in my wedding dress yet, so I guess that's good. We leave the gym and are now in a super big hurry trying to make it to the church. But apparently school is still in session because the bell rings and all of these kids are in the hallway. Apparently the hallways in my high school were like 2 miles long too. I'm throwing elbows shouting "Let me through!" as we're trying to walk the opposite direction they seem to be going. It was tough. Finally we get out of the high school.


That's all I remember now. I remembered a lot more when I woke up but now that's all I can tell you about it. Sorry. I know you're really disappointed.


Now the creepy part about my next dream was that the one guy that was in it is good friends with my friend Jamie. He and I are not friends. In my dream on Thursday, Dustin was trying to hit on me in my dream and Jamie was telling me to stay far away from him. That was the gist of the dream.


Now in REAL life on Saturday I was helping my Aunt at an art show at a huge Garden and Landscape Center. I keep looking at the guy and I'm like that's weird. . . that guy looks just like Dustin. I mean, almost identical. It's bugging me soo much and he keeps looking at me like he should know me too. So after about 2 hours, I finally go up to him and say "Dustin??" It was him. The weirder part is that later Rach (my roommie) comes there with her Mom and she says "My friend Dustin works here. I just talked to him!" And I said "I KNOW Dustin too!" How weird is that though that he was in my dream Thursday night, and I run into him on Saturday?!?


Now the funny part is that Dustin and Rachel knew each other in college and Dustin and Jamie have known each other for maybe 4 years which would coincide with Rachel knowing him. How Jamie and Rachel have never met through him is beyond me. The funny part is that Rachel talks about her friend Dustin, and they played volleyball on Thursdays together this winter. The sad part is that this is the 4th person that Rachel and I both know but never knew we both knew that person until we've either ran into them or like they met one of us out. It's weird really. But Rachel and I have known each other for 6 years so it's bound to happen I guess, even if she IS 6 years younger than myself.


My latest scheme really isn't so much a "scheme" as it is, let's slightly stalk a hot guy. And I'm not really stalking him but he happens to bartend on Saturdays at my and my roommie's favorite bars which is also really close to our house. And it's also not my fault that he told me that he works every Saturday and told me his schedule. It is my fault that my roommie and I make sure to go up on Saturdays during his work hours though to grab a drink. I mean, we would anyway, but sometimes we go earlier or later than we normally would just to see him.


The last 3 Saturdays that I've been up there during his shift, I drink for free. Me and whatever girl is with me. He charged my guy friend that was with us but it was like $5, and Neil had like 3 beers, and I don't know how many shots. Now I'm not talking a drink here or there. I'm talking like 3 hours+ of drinking for free. Last Saturday it was just a Bloody Mary and a beer back. But the other 2 was all night. One Saturday, I couldn't even tell you what I drank but I'm pretty sure it was a ton based on how I felt Sunday morning. I did at least 4 shots. And I know for a fact I drank a Bloody Mary and beer back, 2 Captain and Diets, and not sure how many beers. Wait, now what I type what I drank on that drinking binge, it could have easily been what I drank.


But not the point I'm making. . . I keep drinking for free lately. So. . . thinking this might be a good sign, and the fact I do have his number, I texted him on Sunday to tell him that I was making banana bread and to let me know if he wanted some. He always tells me to stop by his house (he lives close to me and he told me where he lived), and so I thought this would be a good step. I didn't want to just stop by. I want to stop by with a purpose. But alas, he never responded. While I am super disappointed, I am really impressed with myself to do that! Especially to a guy I am not friends with but for someone who I know a lot about since he tells me a lot about himself.




My friend Steph had her baby. He is adorable. I can't believe I might not see him though until July. I don't know if I can wait that long. That's the sucky part about living soo far away.


Meghan still hasn't had Gavin. So we wait. . .


But this guy decided he would come into this world on Friday the 13th. :) Well he didn't decide, but my sister's doctor decided she would need to be induced on Friday if she didn't have him before then. He was 8lbs, 4oz and 19 inches long. And it was torture for me because he didn't have a name for over 24hours! If you knew my sister, you would understand why this is weird. They couldn't decide on names so they waited until he was born. Caden James--your aunt cannot wait to squeeze you!






Again, it sucks because I couldn't be there to see him come into this world. But my Mom sent me a picture which I'm pretty sure was right after my sister gave birth so it was like I was there. Thanks Mom. I'll get to meet him in 8 days. I'm not counting or anything. He definitely looks just like his big brother did when he was a baby. So at least he's predestined for cuteness!


Have a great week everyone!








1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just read your blog! Love it Ann!!!