Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sooo. .. yeah. . .

I'm just going to say it. . . and well. . . I'm not going to apologize. . .

Donald Trump would make a HORRIBLE President.

Okay, glad we got that out of the way. I'm sorry for who I offended.

Let's get back to more important issues such as things that I've been thinking about and my new random dream.

First of all, I got to thinking about this after a few conversations with some friends and family. I also wanted to state for the record how awesome my friends and family are. I really couldn't ask for better people in my life. Well some of them have been sucky lately, but they don't read this blog and really I am not sure if they are even friends.

But this is the funny situation that came up this weekend that got me thinking:

What happens when your friend(s) keep talking up how awesome someone is and then you meet them and all you're thinking about is "well they seem nice, but not near as cool or awesome as you keep saying they are."

One of my friends had a friend in town this weekend, and I told her awesome he was. And she said "Right?? Whew! Glad you liked him!" She was actually worried I might not. And as my friend Emily said "For an engineer you have an awesome personality. I say this because my brother is one and well. . .it's lacking." haha!

But it's funny when you meet your friends' friends or are introduced in group settings and whatnot. I actually have a "friend" who I think is just one of the most awkward people to talk to, and I can't figure out if I'm the only person they are awkward around. But the thing is, no one and I mean NO ONE has ever said anything to me about it. I've introduced the person to other people too, and I'm not sure if no one else has noticed it or just afraid to say anything. I mean, it's to the point where it's just been soo awkward to talk to this person, that I never really ask this person to hang out one on one for this reason. The person is nice and seems cool, just it's hard to carry on a conversation. And I can talk to anyone. ANYONE. I'm curious to the emails now I might get about this!

As for my dream. . . Again "I COPYRIGHT THIS!" I seriously need to figure out how to do that! haha!

Well my dreamed started off in the land of bliss. I was dating this great guy who looked a lot like Josh Radnor (Ted on HIMYM) and in the dream I seemed madly in love. But then somewhere (and where I am not sure) I was all of a sudden betrothed to Topher Grace (Eric from That 70s Show). I don't know if it was a green card thing or a set-up thing but all of a sudden I was planning my wedding to this guy that I did not love. And Josh kept telling me how much he loved me and wished things could be different but there wasn't anything I could do to not marry Topher. The wedding happens which reminded me much like Muriel's Wedding but neither the groom nor I were happy to be getting married. We fake our way through the wedding reception and try very hard to act in love. Then by the time I wake up we end up in love. Not sure the time span that passed or not. . . but WEIRD.

I had some other random stuff, but it has left me now.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: