Thursday, November 13, 2008

Is it me or is that song in your head too?

I hate when you hear a quote or something and then it just HITS you like a ton of bricks. And the sure impact of the comment has you thinking about a million different things now.

As I was watching TV the other night--Samantha Who? to be exact--the comment was made which stated "If you have to answer that you're "just friends" it probably means there is more than just friends to begin with."

I don't know why this comment just puzzles me. I guess because I have had several guy friends and guys who I wanted to be more than just friends with that this question has been asked of. But really that's my only thoughts about it. Is it a true statement?? Or is it just a good line from a good tv show?? I don't know.

I also wonder that why whenever my boss is in town I end up paying for dinner. He makes 3 times as much as I do. I do get to expense it, but last night our tab was $108 and well in my book, that's a lot of money and I had to pay for it and wait a week to get reimbursed. I really don't make that much money.

My boss also told me last night that I could probably just come and go as I please as long as I get things done either at home or in the office. But I know that if I just came and went as I pleased, so would my employees who aren't even good about getting things done like they should when they ARE in the office.

One of my employees is being completely bitchy to me today too. And has been a lot with me lately. And you know the funny thing?? This is the first time she's been here this week. Monday she was supposed to have a half day but her boyfriend reset the alarm when he woke up because he thought she had the day off. So she calls me at 9:30 when she woke up (Mind you I called her at 8:30) and told me what happened. We had Tuesday off for Veteran's Day (Thank you Veterans, and my dad, grandpa, uncles, etc that fought for our country and our freedoms) and then yesterday she took a sick day again. She has a lot of migraines (at least once or twice a month), and she can't come in or something like that. And I am nice and just let her make up her time and not even that weekend. Sometimes she makes up the time like months later. So really, being bitchy to me is not the way to go.

I had some other things in my head. . .but can't think of them at the moment.

No comments: