Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm stuck. . .

Not that I have mental block or anything like that. . . well. . . I guess that might be debatable. . .


No I'm stuck back home in IL. Last night when I went to bed there was talk of 1-2 inches of snow. I laugh at 1-2 inches of snow. But what I don't laugh at is completely and partially covered interstates. No sirree. I do not laugh at those. I had to drive 4 times last year on those suckers and I refuse to do it now. And with fog this time. No thanks! Around 3pm today most of the roadways I would take to get back home, were now clear of ice and snow and were what the IDOT says are "wet". But seeing as I would be driving in the dark and with Holiday traffic then for the majority of my route, I just didn't want to chance anything. And I don't know why leaving at 6am to drive back is a good idea or not. I know my parents for sure appreciate it!


I am definitely thankful for my family and friends. And this week/weekend I always get to see my friends from high school. And I miss them more than they know sometimes. Especially my guy friends. It doesn't matter how old we get, they somehow go back to how we were in high school. And for some reason this time, we decided to relive some of our high school days by driving after the bars to our old haunts. Like through the high school parking lot. . . to the old haunted cemetery by the high school. . . in the country like we were going to an old friend's house. . . to Hangman's Barn. . .through Thadd's Road. . . and then back by the grade school. And we did this until 4am. I don't know what's wrong with us either. Thank goodness I quit drinking after the bar as I would have felt like shit like the rest of the guys. . .and maybe Kaci. :)

Out of all the Haunts. . . Hangman's is still the creepiest. I'll post a pic when I get back to my computer and upload my pics. You can see it's creepiness then. Hangman's is barn off of a country road in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the woods, with a small creek running by it, up a worn dirt path, where a guy supposedly hung himself many, many years ago. And if you look through the barn, you can supposedly see him still swinging. Now I can't say that I ever actually saw him because like I have mentioned before, my guy friend's are jerks, and whenever we would start to walk up to the barn, they would take off and run away from me. And I never quite made it up to the barn with the flashlight by myself because I am a complete and utter chicken. I actually got close enough to see the barn this year. . . from the car. . . and it was creepy. I'm sorry I can't think of any other adjective other than creepy.

I love going back home. I think in a way it boosts my self-esteem up if only momentarily. I was told that I was in the top 20 prettiest girl's at the bar. Then I realized there were only 20 girls. . . and then was upgraded to top 10. Thanks. My friend Kaci (normally a medium to dark brown) and Stephanie (blonde to light brown) both had died their hair really dark brown which prompted David to ask if there was a Goth convention in town. And which prompted David and Dustin (more David) to always refer to Stephanie as Medusa, Witch, or Dark Magic the whole night. Or for one of them to ask what type of Voodoo she was into now. But don't think Stephanie let them get away with it. Her typical response was "I can't hear you because you're balding." They didn't pick on Kaci as much because as they both stated when Stephanie mentioned they weren't picking on Kaci was that she usually had dark brown hair but that it's only slightly darker now.

On Saturday it was nice to have lunch with my other good friends from high school. We all live far away from each other, and now that two out of the four have children, we are only able to get together like twice a year as opposed to every other month or every two months like we used to. I guess that's the sucky part of being a grown up now.

**UPDATE**
I did make it back safely. It just took forever today. My normal 45-60 minute drive took 2.5 hours. I got stuck going up a hill when a semi was quasi jack knifed on the road and ditch and the snow plow I was following stopped to help him which caused me having to stop. Which then caused me being stuck on the icy slope known as the hill in the road. So after some attempts of putting sand by my tires I got unstuck for a car length and then stuck again. So a nice group of guys in a truck tried to push me up the hill as opposed to using their truck to do it, but they couldn't get a grip on the road to actually push me, seeing as it was a sheet of ice. Luckily they had a rope in their car and decided to pull me all the way up the hill instead as this would be much safer. I thank them sooo much. Stupid, stupid snow. But it's only stupid when I have to drive in it and it drifts over the road causing it to be unsafe for me. :)

1 comment:

Captain Crab said...

OK! I post pictures of my f..... up face, but you can't post pictures of Hangman's Barn?