Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I did a bad, bad thing. . .

Not as bad as some of you dirty minds are thinking!

I went out for a drink last night with my roomie whose birthday was Monday but she was out of town and then could really only grab a drink after work yesterday.

So then as I drove home I did the unthinkable. I called Wine Rep. Why?? I don't know.

There is a possibility of reasons:
1) The 2 drinks I had probably made me giddy because I only ate salad and sushi for lunch.
2) I missed hearing his voice.
3) How on earth could he just QUIT talking to me for no reason especially seeing as we were quote unquote friends before??? I mean we were at least acquaintances.

I was planning on leaving a witty message about how I thought he had died since I hadn't talked to him in a month and he didn't even respond to my birthday message to him. However, plan failed and he answered. "Heeeey beautiful stranger!" So I said "Oh Woah! You're alive. I wouldn't know since I haven't talked to you in a month!"

With some friendly batter back and forth, I ended up meeting him for drinks. And then going back to his house for some wine. And came home with a case of wine and two of his movies.

Anyway during the course of our conversation, he stated that he had to be honest with me that he was "inadvertently" seeing someone. I'm not sure you could "Inadvertently" be dating someone, but whatever. What had happened was the night before our date he went out after work with some people he works with at the bar and one of the girls with ended up coming home with him because she couldn't drive and she ended up kissing him that night AND also has yet to leave. Which is why he never called the day of our date or called in general. According to him, she's basically within the last month moved in with him and he doesn't know how to tell her to leave. She's stayed pretty much every night since that night he said. She does her laundry there and everything. He said that he doesn't like her and that they haven't even slept together in the bow-chica-bow-wow sense. Now he told me he's going to tell her this in the next couple of weeks, that he doesn't want to date her, let alone live with her.

However, I do not see this happening and told him that. I told him we will only ever be friends if she stays and not even really friends. So he made a bet with me that if he tells her within the next month, I have to make him dinner and take him out for drinks. If he doesn't, then he will take me out to wherever I want within a $300 limit one night.

It seems odd that he can't seem to tell her "Get Out" but I kind of understand. He doesn't want to hurt her feelings because they work together and also play volleyball together. However, I also have 2 movies of his so I'll have to at least in a month go over there and return them and also stock up one more wine while I can. He also talked about still wanting to go on vacation to a vineyard and told me that he missed me. I feel he is just playing me, but for free wine, I will continue to let him think he has me under his spell.

The funny thing is on my way to meet Wine Rep, Dean had called me and said that he needed to move his couch and couldn't figure out how. So I being the good friend, called my other friend to see if he would help us move it. And of course he did! So it made for a LONG night, that's for sure! :)

No comments: