Saturday, July 19, 2008

Did you miss me?!?

I was in Miami for work all week. . . And I know what you’re thinking: AWESOME. No. No, it’s not. I don’t get to do anything fun when I’m here except maybe dinner and even with that I’m hanging out with my boss. I still can’t figure out why he enjoys spending sooo much time with me. I mean, I know I’m cool, but I’m definitely not the type of people I think he usually hangs out with. And if you were thinking ‘Hookers, then yes you would be’ then I will personally come and kick you in the shin. My boss is what some would call “hoitey, toitey” Oh wait. . . just realized. . .by using that phrase. . . I just turned into my mom. Anyway, the weather was also storming all weekday, so I never really got to even walk outside the office and get a quick glimpse of town while roaming downtown Miami in search of lunch.

And as I sit here waiting for what seems like forever at the airport, I have come to a couple of conclusions:

1) I am not the only one that sits at the airport bar and drinks. (Although I was sitting there for like an hour and a half by myself, it was after 1pm Eastern time. . .)

2) If you’re nice to the bartender, he/she will be nice to you! (I’ve said this before I know!)

3) Beer tastes better in the afternoon. (I’ve come to this conclusion on more than one occasion and find it true now as well.)

4) Even though when you check in and it says your flight is delayed, it might not be true.

5) I really wanted to get on the 1:30 flight to MN so I could be back home by 6:15. However, that flight was full, so now I am stuck on my scheduled flight at 4 that won’t get me back until 8:45.

6) I don’t like it when I have to go to the airport at the same time as my boss and my flight is a lot later than his. (But again I sat at a bar and drank, so it’s cool and it’s on company time.)

7) I do not think children should be able to wear those roller shoes.

8) Everyone in the MIA (Miami International Airport) speaks Spanish or another foreign language.
--The guy at the bar tried talking to me but I didn’t even think he was talking Spanish.
Either way I don’t know Spanish but still.

9) I might sleep on the plane. I’m feeling nap time soon.

10) The one nice day I’ve had in Miami has been today. . .when I’m for sure stuck in the airport and can’t go anywhere.

11) Some guy just winked at me when I looked up. He’s with his wife and 3 kids. He’s also speaking some foreign language. I wonder if he knows I’m actually typing about him now. Why is it always the married ones that flirt with me??

12) There goes another kid in the crazy roller shoes. Please take them off.

13) I wonder if I’m speaking out loud as I type or people think that I’m talking to myself. I tend to do that in general let alone when I have had a few beers.

14) I now have the song “Walking in Memphis” in my head now. . . Why couldn’t I get on that earlier flight??

No comments: