Thursday, June 19, 2008

So. . . Can I interest you in some wine?!?

So. . . well. . . I'm very slowly getting out into the dating field again. And with a guy you are familiar with-Wine Rep Guy.

I really didn't think anything of it with him calling me more and wanting to hang out. But then I found out he broke up with his girlfriend. Oooh so that's why you're calling me to hang out more. And then he asked me to dinner. But I was in Miami and couldn't go. Then he was persistent about rescheduling the next week. And then my friends from IL met him when they came to visit. At first on Friday night it was just my old roomie Monty and she met Dean Cain that afternoon as well. And when she met Wine Rep her first words were "Oh my God. He's HOT. I can't believe you're not jumping on this. I sort of don't want to be married so I can. Woah. I thought Dean was cute, but he's no comparison to the hotness that is Wine Rep. Oh man." So on Saturday night we end up going to where he works and so he meets the rest of the IL crew and some of my 'couple' friends here. These are the same 'couple' friends that Dean and I have game night with, so I knew this would be a tough crowd. But they loved him even more than Dean. (That really wasn't a hard sell though because they all feel Dean is a complete idiot now.) Later on that night Wyatt says, "So how long has that guy liked you?" and I say "Wine Rep?" And he says "yeah." And I said, "Oh we're just quasi friends." To which I get "You're an idiot. That guy made a point all night to come over and talk to you first and touch you in some way, and then came over and talked to all of your friends individually. I can't help you if you can't help yourself."

So then last week on Monday my friend Sarah and I went over to his house to get some wine for our friend's birthday and after he gave us 18 bottles of wine, we all hung out. And then when we were at dinner he asked when we were going out to dinner. And I said "We are out to dinner." And he said "I mean just you and I." Then we determined we were too busy for each other but he could come to my volleyball game on Friday. And he did and met even more friends. And apparently we made one of my friend's want to vomit with our adorableness. And he kept hugging me and looking at me. (I don't know if he was really looking at me per say because I didn't see it but this is just what I'm told.) This week we tried to get together for dinner again, but alas we're too busy again and now he has to work all weekend.

For now, I'm just cherishing what few times we do in fact get to hang out. We're having fun and that's all that matters. I'm out of an awkward relationship and he's out of a serious one. One day at a time, you know. And really, I think just taking advantage of all the free wine I can get at the moment is happiness enough... ;)

No comments: