Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'll have a coffee and then a slap in the face, thank you.

Relationships. They are funny. Mostly because you never realize how much you can learn from them especially after they are over. And then you wake up and realize all the annoying things you hadn't noticed before and can't believe you were so blind to them.

Dean and I were in what most people would call a relationship. A very awkward relationship if you will. And I was told my many people that we were actually closer than most couples who had been dating a long time were. We just clicked. However, recently since we are strictly friends and are opening up to each other about our new "relationships" I realized what an idiot he actually is. (I mean his name is Stupid Idiot in my phone and all. . . so really no surprise there!) See now that we are friends he feels it's okay to call me at 3am to tell me that he had a fight with the girl he is dating (not seriously though as he often mentions like 80 times). You see this girl (I'll refer to her as Skanky Ho from now on) started calling Dean when she was supposedly seeing a friend of a friend of his. And while Dean wanted to ask the friend (of the friend of a friend)if Skanky Ho(SH for short) if she was dating that guy she said "No, don't call and ask him, we're not dating." So if you aren't dating, what's the big deal in calling and asking. Am I right?? Am I right??

So fast forward again to the 3am phone call in which they get into a fight because she came to see Dean and made a HUGE deal about coming to see him and then she ignores him all night when he meets her out and proceeds to sit and talk to these 3 guys she just met. Nice right?? He asks if he has reason to be mad in which I tell him, "This is the same girl who made a huge deal about seeing you right? And the same girl that was sort of seeing a friend of a friend and would never let you call and ask, right??" To which he agrees.

Well of course they make up the next day and she says "well I just want to hang out with you all day, I'll go out with my friend, and then let's meet up after you get off work." So he gets off work, calls her. Nothing. He texts her 40 minutes later. Nothing. She finally calls at 4:30am and says that she's sooo sorry she missed his call. (Now you could easily be thinking what I'm thinking: Ummm. . . you know your boyfriend is meeting you out. Wouldn't you check your phone on a regular basis?? I know, me too. I do this when I know a friend is meeting me out. Let alone a boyfriend. Maybe I'm just weird though. . .) So can you guess who else she was out with besides her friend?!? Yeah. Those 3 guys from the night before. And she doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with this. And actually somehow makes Dean feel like it was his fault because he got mad at her the night before for ignoring him and not introducing him to those guys. Oh and she has these guys phone numbers now too because they took her phone and entered them in all by themselves.

So over the course of a couple of days he tells me the whole story very hesitantly. To which on Saturday I say "You're in idiot. You do know that right??" I'm nice what can I say?!? And he says "Well maybe I just need to get hurt really bad to finally move on." To which I say "That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard." And until last night I really thought he would never talk to me again. But alas, he called me and we chatted. Not about the girlfriend though. . . I wonder why?!?

1 comment:

pj said...

FYI: ALL MEN ARE STUPID