Thursday, September 17, 2009

When it Rains. . .It pours. . .Men?!?

For starters, Amanda, I'm sorry you're finding out this way. But I will be sure to tell you first after it's over, before I put anything on my blog about it. :)

I have a date Sunday. A date. It's been a long time since I had a date. And no, I don't count anytime I have with Dean as a date even if he pays for my meal or buys my drinks. We're friends. That's just what some guy friends do. Even if H disagrees. . .

Anyway, I haven't had a date since the bad Internet date debacle. But I was set up by an acquaintance, and I've talked to him on the phone and through email and he sounds really cool.

For starters, he has a cute sounding phone voice. (And I've seen his picture, so I know he's cute too!) This is a pre-requisite for me, mainly because if your voice annoys me on the phone, there's no way that I'll be able to date you because I enjoy talking on the phone on my long drives.

Secondly, he asked if I wanted to go miniature golfing for our date. I'm not sure if you remember, but I told Jeremy he should take his date miniature golfing because it's something fun and what I would want to do on a date.

Thirdly, he asked if we wanted to meet or he would come get me, which ever was more convenient for me. He wasn't sure if it would be weird, since we're practically strangers for him to come meet me at my house. Adorable!!

I don't have a fourth reason of why it's starting out well.

Anyway, Sarah, Em, and I went to a Tyrone Wells concert on Tuesday and they ran into one of their high school friends who they haven't seen in like 10 years. He's cute. I mean REAL cute. And he sang along to Tyrone with us. Oh did I mention he's single?? And they're trying to set me up with him? Oooh and the kicker?? He just moved to town and just so happens to live with one of the guys I play softball with! Yes. And he's trying to set us up too. Kelso asked in his email if the other girls were single and I replied back that I WAS SINGLE and he was just surprised. He didn't realize I was single still. . .I know I am a catch, but no man has actually tried to catch me recently. Or within the last year or so. . . so. . . thanks. . . I think. . .

So then last night while at Kickball, Sarah tells me "Soo. . . remember Tues night we were talking about when it rains, it pours??" And I say "Yeah..." And she says "Well remember that one guy I thought you would be good with but he had just gotten out of a relationship and said he'd let me know when he's ready? Well, he's ready. He just told me to try and set it up!!"

See. . . back a few years ago when I was younger and thinner (Okay it was like 2 years ago almost now) I had 3 guys calling me and I was spending a lot of time with 3 different guys. I basically kind of liked one and really liked the other. The other being Dean. Well, there was an instance when out with the other 2 guys that one of my guy friends brought up Dean, and the other 2 said "Wait, you're dating someone????" Which well, I didn't really think that I was dating any of them. But apparently we were doing "date-like" things, so I guess I was inadvertently dating all 3.

So basically, my life could be raining men. . . but right now I'm just concentrating on Sunday. That's the only date set in stone. I just hope my competitive side doesn't come out in miniature golf!!!

No comments: