Thursday, May 14, 2009

If there was randomness, it would be this post. . .

I was informed that I hadn't written anything of value in a long time. And I was a little hurt considering I thought the post on my concert had valuable content. . . apparently I was wrong. So out of spite and such, I am purposely not writing anything of value.

If you have been living under a rock, you have heard the news about Miss California. Now I don't usually watch pageants. Wait, I don't ever watch them, but I feel she should totally be stripped of her title and not because she annoys the crap out of me. Miss Nevada got stripped of her title like one or 2 years ago because of photos that were just as racy as Miss California's, yet only one of them got to keep their crown?? I must also bring up her "controversial" comment about gay marriage*. First of all, you can't bring God into a superficial beauty pageant. Secondly, if you are using God as your standpoint and America then you should realize that although the Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman, it also says that everyone is equal in the eyes of God and no sin is greater than any other. And our nation was founded on the premise that ALL men (and women) are created equal. Also, since she was throwing God out as her premise to her answer because of her "values", she probably shouldn't have had a boob job 2 weeks before the Miss USA pageant. You should love yourself the way your are. Or at least that's what I've been taught. Maybe values are different in California.

Paris Hilton--Would you just go away already?!? Seriously. I can't take it anymore. You are trying to be a humanitarian now but decided to hang out with the wife of the 17th worst dictator in the world. And you're really smart but just act dumb?? Then why WHILE IN A DEPOSITION did you say you don't keep a schedule, you just google yourself. Wouldn't you have googled then the wife you were hanging out with?? You're an idiot.

Speidi--I used to watch The Hills. I'll admit it. But it was the first season, so I can't be judged for that. But Spencer Pratt is a complete douche bag. And seriously, news outlets, he'll get out of the media if you quit covering him. Take a stand! Take a stand!!! Wait. . . I just mentioned his ridiculousness. Darn it!!

Mother's Day--I'm sorry I didn't do a lovely post about you Mom! But I did call you every day this weekend. I love you very much and miss you very much.


Death--it sucks. One of the guys on my office building floor past away this week. He died Thursday night, but they didn't find him until Tuesday morning. I'll miss him very much. It's hard to walk by his office and know he won't ever be coming out of there again and sometimes accidentally running into me and/or scaring the crap out of me. I'll miss his smile. I'll miss him calling me "Sunshine." I'll miss him cheering me up when I'm having a bad day by telling me some story. He sponsored my softball team 3 years ago and my volleyball team the last 2 seasons. I'll miss you Mark! 45 is too young to die unexpectedly!

Cancer--this really blows the big one. Josie is in the hospital again. Let's find a cure already, huh?? She's retaining soo much fluid that her waist is at 39 inches around. She's maybe a 27 inch waist or less now. It's not fair. It's also not fair that I'm 5+ hours away from her. I have thought about going to see her, but she says "What good is it to come and spend time with me in the hospital?? Come when we can go do something!" This is why her eternal optimism is amazing and will hopefully beat this thing.

I'm always one to end on a happy note for the most part, soo. . . Congrats to both my friends for having babies last week. They don't read this blog, but I thought I'd give a shout out anyway! Kara (in her 5'0", size 0 frame) popped out Oscar at 9lbs 1oz and 20.5 inches long last Wednesday. Andrew's wife had Carlee Grace last Friday weighing in at "8lbs and I can't remember the length at the moment." This was a direct quote from Andrew on Saturday morning at 8am. I miss that guy!

Happy Thursday peeps! My friend Meghan is coming into town and I can't not tell you how happy I am for this!!!!!!!!!!

*I can guess you know where I stand on this issue but I will state it anyway: I believe the issue of gay marriage isn't about the definition of marriage, it's about people who are in homosexual relationships having the same rights as people in heterosexual relationships. I believe that they should have the same rights. I don't feel it's a Bible issue. I talked to my very staunch Republican friend about it, and he agreed with me on my belief about it. He actually said "That's a good point. I never thought of it that way. I think you have made me change my mind."

No comments: