Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1,072

That would be the number of miles I drove this weekend. INSANE.



I also realized I prefer bullet points to discuss the random things I talk about. So. . .here you go!


  • On Friday night, I got to hang out with my Champaign crew. When I got up from the table I said "Excuse me" because I thought I had bumped into a waitress. It was a statue. Of the Chief. I was trying to find a pic because I swear one time I took a pic with it. It's a huge statue. At least 5'3". And Wyatt brought it up in an email about how hilarious it was again today. I said really loudly "Oh excuse me!!"

  • My friend Luke from high school got married this weekend. And when we were discussing when we might all see each other in a party setting again, David said "Steph's wedding and then Darren will probably get married soon." And I said "Yeah, then finally me." And David said "Yeah, that will never happen. You're never getting married." OUCH!
  • The yearly Spelling Bee Competition is underway. And I'm reminded of the debacle of last year when the kid said "Numnuts?!? ooooh Numna!!" It was replayed on ESPN approx 127 times. And Wyatt and Jeremy passed out to it so we heard it ALL night and part of the morning. Because seriously, they play Sportscenter at night like every hour.
  • The Cubs finally won a game this week. It's about effing time.
  • Speaking of Wyatt, on Sunday they were playing a drinking game and his wife came up with the rule that every time someone said "Drink" they had to then say a sexual innuendo. Kendra yelled out "Butt Sex!!"
  • My friend Ryan that I have known forever stayed with me when he was in town for work instead of a hotel. This way he thought it would be more fun and less "worky". He was right. He also asked if he could just stay with me every day because it was a lot more relaxing not having a 3 year-old and 15 month-old around and I kept waiting on him.
  • It was also funny when I introduced him to my neighbor/friend Mike and Mike asked him how we knew each other, Ryan said "Oh since high school." And I said "Umm. . . we've been friends since high school (he's 3 years older) but we've known each other since like I was in Kindergarten." His Mom was my Kindergarten teacher. She took my Mom's teaching job when my Mom moved up to 4th grade. We also went to the same college and hung out like every weekend and almost every night in the summer. Oh memories!!!
  • My nephew is effing adorable. I haven't uploaded the pic yet, but I will.
  • My friend Jayne's new daughter Aubrey looks almost identical to her son Brady. And I, of course, keep giving her husband a hard time by saying "Well, not everything about you can be dominant." Seeing as Brady and Aubrey look just like Jayne. I mean it's like they took her Dad and mixed Jayne in with it and tada! I should state, Jayne's husband is very striking. Like dark brown hair, big dark brown eyes, great smile. He's definitely someone you'd see in a crowded street and look twice at, and maybe grab his ass. ;) He's also one of those guys that doesn't realize he's good looking and is super nice. Jayne's also a looker. It's no wonder they keep producing these adorable, cute kids. Sometimes life isn't fair.

That's all I got folks! Happy Thursday! (Well I started it on Wednesday. . .)

No comments: