Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Things I have to share. . .

-By now we all know one of my very good friends is suffering from cancer. Well she's been super sick lately. She even had to go to the hospital while in Hawaii. Anyway, I just have to share her humor (and subsequent strength).

Due to the cancer growing in her liver and now spreading to her stomach lining, she has been severely swollen. She looks like she is 5-6 months pregnant. Anyway, the title for her email explaining what was happening and the new course of action was "The JD's are pregs. . . with angry skittle babies. . . ." The angry skittles is what she calls the cancer tumors. But coming from someone they wanted to put on Hospice over a year ago, it shows her optimism. I really do feel if anyone can beat this, it's her.

-I started training to run a 5K about 4 weeks ago. A 5K?? 3.1 miles?? Why on earth am I training?!? Well, if you'll recall I sprained my ankle badly last year, so the only running I did was "sprint" around the bases in softball (which I probably shouldn't have been running at all). But the problem I have isn't necessarily the running. . . it's my pace. I take off too fast and subsequently run out of oxygen and sound like I am dying. But Anna and I call it "wogging" or we're going to go for a "wog". It's a combo of walk/jog. Feel free to use it in a sentence.

-One of my good friends from home and college emailed me and asked if he could "Shack" up at my place next week when he is in town for work. He thought staying at my place would be more fun than staying at a hotel. I said this to one of my friends and she said "Oh, yeah! You'll have a cute guy at your place!!" and I said "Umm. . . don't get too excited, he's married with 2 kids. And there's a strong possibility we might be 5th cousins. It hasn't been proven yet." And why she automatically assumed he was cute is beyond me. . . but then again, I do have cute guy friends. And I think he dated at least 2 of my friends in college. . .

-I knew it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault that I am overweight. . . I mean it is and it isn't. See here. I still like to blame my parents. :)

-Congrats to Shawn Johnson for winning Dancing With the Stars! (I wish I watched it more, but really still only skimmed it when you were on.)

-I can't believe they cancelled Samantha Who?!! I'm upset. I love Christina Applegate, Barry Watson (I was REALLY upset when What About Brian got cancelled!), Jennifer Esposito (From Spin City), and Melissa McCarthy (from Gilmore Girls).

No comments: