Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rants and Raves for today. . .

I really have a problem with this. Hey Kevin Federline, it's called Baby Gap and you can buy jeans for sometimes under $10 when you catch the sales-$30 if you're paying full price. He said he's wanting to cut money. Buy nice quality jeans at a cheaper price. Or Gasp! Sales clothes. My friend Emily and I went to one of those designer stores that carry the brands that the stars wear and whatnot. And you know what?!? She bought a $200 pair of Seven jeans for $70. Worth the sale. And she was still kicking herself for spending $70 but they did look really great on her. If you're really wanting to save money, it's worth it! Now don't get me wrong, I am like any girl where I do love to shop, but I also try and always buy things on sale, because after working in retail I know that they mark it up somewhere between 50-100% depending on where you shop. So if you're buying something at 70% you can almost guarantee the store is breaking even. I hardly ever buy anything full price because I know I can usually buy it cheaper a month later. Unless of course I am in a pinch and need a dress and can't find one on sale. . . I mean, there are always exceptions to the rule.

I'm pretty sure my employees hate me. I've been basically telling them for 7 months they are not doing their job like they should. I said it again yesterday and was told that I was hurting one person's pride. Now if it was me and my boss (Who may I mention also did my job for a year and a half) was telling me that I wasn't really doing my job and it wasn't acceptable, I would step up my game. But no, this has not happened at all. I just keep telling them over, and over, and over they are not doing their job like they should. Even when I say "hey, you need to read the things I give you" I get "Quit micro-managing me!" Yes. I cannot make this up. I let them leave early on Fridays for most of the summer and sometimes on nice days during the week. But they sass me whenever I correct them in their job. And seeing as I did twice as much work as they did when I did their job, and they make more money than I did, it really pisses me off. How do I know they aren't doing as much work, when I took over as boss, I now currently do some of the job I did when I did their job. Yep. I suck.

I think that's enough complaining. I am pretty sure I am going to lay down the law with them come March when I find out if we all still have a job in July. Then I will say "Shape up or ship out, I'm sick of your attitudes and there are enough people looking for jobs right now."

I'm really thankful for my friends right now. Even if they don't entirely realize what all I'm going through.

I'm also really glad I have the family I do. And I am sad that my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew miss me soo much though. If I could be two places at once, I would!

I'm thankful that Josie's liver is still functioning normally which just means I have more time with her. Now if only they could cure and get rid of those angry little cancer skittles. I am also super happy that I will see her in almost two weeks. I don't think they will get here fast enough.

I realize I love anything that involves Mexican food. I have a wrap addiction as well. I will get any sandwich in a wrap at any time. I think the wrap addiction is a result of the Mexican food liking. Not sure. Maybe I just like tortillas. Now what to get for lunch?!?

I also love pudding. And yogurt. And cake. I love cake. Is cake good to eat for lunch? Not probably a good thing to eat on the diet. Stupid gain of 10lbs in the last 3 months or so! STUPID.

Have a great Thursday! And just think. . . it's almost Friday. WAHOO! My friend Emily is turning 30. I'm glad I am not her. . . but will be helping her celebrate by doing lots of shots.

No comments: