Thursday, February 12, 2009

Would you like some cheese with that wine??

For starters, I'd like to say "Happy Birthday" to Abe Lincoln.

Or in the Princess Bride "Hey Blinkin!" --if you didn't get that reference you need to watch that movie.

Now I need to complain for about 5 minutes or however long it takes me to write this. I think I might be broken. I think the stress of my life and job finally cracked me. And I'm not joking. I knew something wasn't right when I started crying for no apparent reason. But I wasn't at home. I was in public. At the Hallmark store.

You know something is wrong when you are at the Hallmark Store and you start crying. You only went there to get a birthday card. Then you start reading other cards. Darn you Fresh Ink for being so funny and sweet. . . and then the tears start. Just out of the corner of your eye. Then you start looking at other cards. They're funny but then you aren't really laughing and the tears start more. And then you have to go and checkout with the 4 cards you want to get and your eyeliner is running because you couldn't control it and can't find a Kleenex and you're wearing white, so you can't wipe it on your sleeve. And you're pretty sure the girl at the counter is looking all funny at you thinking "She only bought happy cards why is she crying?!?"

I get into my car and text some people. Then the water works REALLY start. My friend Kattie called after she got out of class to say "Hey I told you not to read the Valentine's Day cards" and I tell her I wasn't anywhere near them. Then she's like "Do you need me to come over?" I don't know what's wrong. All I know is that I am broken.

And then today the guy in my office building that I always talk sports with and occasionally about weekend plans asks how I'm doing. And I say "Oh good. Okay." And he said "Really?!?" all concerned like. And I said "Yeah. I'm just tired." He then tells me "Well you don't seem it. You've kind of lost that sparkle you normally have."

WHAT?!? I've lost my sparkle? I didn't think that was possible. Do people just lose that in a week's time? And I'm pretty sure if it isn't back tomorrow when I go home, I will worry my parents and sister to no end. Maybe it will come back tomorrow.

But I guess until then, I'll just be broken. Does anyone have any glue?

3 comments:

pj said...

Sounds like hormones. Are you pregnant? Menopausal?

Idea #527 said...

It's not hormones either. I'm not even PMSing! haha!

Idea #527 said...

Oh and definitely not pregnant!