Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You can always make friends. . .

This weekend is my best guy friend from college's wedding. I had a lot of guy friends in college but Ryan and I were probably the closest. And never had that awkward thing between us that one of us was attracted to the other or anything. We were like brother and sister.

Well my original date for the wedding cancelled. And then my backup cancelled because he found out he had to work. So I'm going to the wedding dateless. Which usually wouldn't be that big of a deal because I have gone to many a weddings without a date.

The kicker is that I will know 3 people there Ryan figures--The Groom, the Best Man-Joel, and another Groomsmen-Tim.

Ryan and a ton of his friends from high school all went to college together, and I actually became really good friends with Ryan and Joel. I met them at the same time. And then subsequently became pretty good friends with their friends from high school. However, the friends that I would know that would be invited from high school?? Not able to come. Tim's wife who I have never met but knew would be sitting by herself because Tim's in the wedding?? Not able to be there.

I was starting to get really worried when Ryan informed me they aren't having assigned seating at the reception because they didn't want the hassle. But then I called Joel to see if his brother was coming. And he is. So Joel said that he would re-introduce me to his parents and his brother so I can have someone to sit with. Whew! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

No comments: