Friday, October 17, 2008

How's that again??

I just made up a title. It has nothing to do with my post. :)

Some things that happened to me this week: I met Sonya Kitchell. She had one of those Stripped studio things at one of the local radio stations. I got free lunch and got to listen to her perform an intimate concert. Of course she didn't play my favorite song, but she has some new good ones out.

I realize that sometimes you have to take chances in life and jump in with both feet first. I'm doing that on Sunday. I'm not sure how it will go, but I'll let you know.

I really have nothing else to offer today. . . except some email exerts from my friend and neighbor Mike who I think has been bored at work this week. But has made me laugh out loud. He is single ladies. . .and cute. . . And for some reason at Kickball decided to wear a "I (HEART) Vagina" shirt. And I said "Really Mike?? That shirt??" And he said "Sometimes you have to wear shirts that make you and others feel uncomfortable. And you have to be That Guy. So you're welcome. For being THAT guy."

The first email he sent me was in response to an 80s email he sent regarding all of our favorite 80s things. Our friend Emily responded with this comment: I was in a jean jacket club. No lie. I also had the best bangs in a twenty mile radius…

This was Mike's Response:

Is that cause they could see them for 20 miles? Don't feel bad, sometimes, late at night if I can't sleep, I get up and go to my closet. There sitting in the back corner, on the highest shelf, sits an old dusty box covered in stickers of Garbage Pale kids, Smurfette, Alf, and other ICONS (yes I said Icons) of my childhood. I gently pull it out, barely able to breathe in anticipation of the treasures that lay within. When I open it I'm instantly transported back in time. A time that conjures up feelings of hopes and dreams of one day being an astronaut, police officer or an accountant. A simpler time when all you needed to have in order to be "cool" was a shirt that itself could outshine the sun, jeans washed in gravel and rolled so tight around the ankle that you could barely walk. All the knowledge that you needed to have was which member of NYOTB (I was going to correct it but I thought it just hysterical that he wrote that instead of NKTOB) was dating who, where Blossom got her hats, and how to win at Oregon trail (always buy the extra wheel, no matter the cost!!!) After I get the clothes on I turn to the slap bracelets, yes in all their outstanding vivid color (even though they have faded slightly over the years). I pull out the magic "MASH" game, it was a glorious day that day, May 5th 1988, all the moons were aligned that day I tell you, that was the day the perfect future was laid out for me, I was to marry Holly Ann Turnbuckle (just the mere mention of her name brought goose bumps to any 10 year old boy). After a long day of being an ice cream plant taste tester I was to drive home to her in our huge mansion in Rome via our Lamborghini. Ahh what a day, I still look back and smile slightly, with a sort of dishearten feeling as I know that will never come true (due to Holly Ann now being a man calling herself Cliff). I then slide in the VHS tapes of the Fresh Prince and move on to Saved by the Bell where I always laugh with anticipation of what hi-jinks Screech and Zach will get into next. ( I really hope Zach and Kelli work things out). After a few hours of this I am ready for dreamland and as I lay my head back down on my pillow (wrist all red and sore from slapping the bracelets on) with a smile is say, WOAH.... WOAH... dreams a coming.

Then this morning he sends me this with the subject of "Warning to My Kickball Opponent":

Ahhh, the air is crisp tonight, smells wonderful, clean, fresh, chill… It's a good night, great night, a good night for killing, a great night for… kickball!!! Yeah I see you there pitcher, don't think its gotten past me that you are adding a little bounce to that roll. It's ok though, I still plan on knocking it out of the park. Yeah that’s right, I ate a double bean chili burrito before the game!! Lookout, it's giving me so much power, especially since I washed it down with a redbull and a 5 hour energy mix cocktail. I feel so dang powerful right now, that ball will be lucky if it doesn't explode when I let into it with this power. I've been massaging my kicking leg too. For the past 3 weeks, it's been nothing but a mixture of baby oil, Tabasco, gasoline, and jet fuel on this horse. Soaking for 2 hours a night. Its just ready to unleash the furry on your pitiful little roll.
Don't think I've missed you 3rd basemen, creeping up as if you think I'm going to bunt it. Come on, seriously, do you think something this wonderful is going to let up? That's like buying a Ferrari and living in Alaska, pointless. If you know what's good for you, you'll move back and cover your face. Better yet you better get behind that building 5 miles away cuz that's the only place you'll be safe, maybe. If this thing even comes remotely close to you I feel sorry for you. The impact would be to much for anyone to handle. God himself would need to duck out of the way of this rocket.
As for the rest of you "players" (and I use that term loosely here) I hope you have all your affairs in order, the will signed and you've kissed you husband/wife/kids or dog goodbye, cuz your not coming home tonight. Not after I get up. I almost feel sorry for you, you didn't sign up for this. You thought you'd sign up for a fun night of hanging out with friends having some drinks. Little did you know you signed your own death warrant. Your only hope here is to forfeit now and MAYBE I'll let you leave, with a few of your body parts intact.
I'm not even going to run around the bases, won't have to. Besides the fact the ball won't even be recognizable once I hit it, everyone will be to afraid to come up in fear their future children will fell the wrath of this hit. I'm going to destroy this, we won't lose, we can't lose, I refuse!!!

I then started wondering if Mike was drinking at work now. Not sure. . .

No comments: