Thursday, March 17, 2011

Well. . . at least they're getting better?!?

I have some of the weirdest dreams. I mean. . . in most of them I am a CIA agent circa Sydney Bristow in Alias. And not to toot my own horn, but I was in love with Bradley Cooper before The Hangover. And seriously, whatever happened to Michael Vartan?!? But I digress. . .





This latest dream had me chuckling. And I wish I knew how to copyright my writing. I'm just going to declare it like Creed on the Office "THIS IS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL."





My past romance dreams have included such old men as Alec Baldwin, Craig T. Nelson, and well. . . I almost hate to admit it in cyberspace. . . but. . . Morgan Freeman. This makes H laugh to no end. . . every time. . .





Based on those guys, you would think that I might have some severe Daddy issues. . . but while dreams are weird. . . it never started out as those guys. . . it was like someone my age and then the next thing I know, it's these guys. It makes no sense. In real life, the oldest guy I have gone out with was 42. And I thought that was SUPER old. And he was a triathlete.





Anyway, luckily this last dream was more age appropriate. Now, I can't even tell you the last movie I saw this guy in. I can't. My Sister's Keeper, perhaps?? I don't know.


That's Jason Patric. He does look kind of older in this picture. I have no idea if it's recent or not.

Anyway, in the dream we started out as co-workers at a University or in some science thing. He and I were professors or something. He had adopted an older mentally challenged kid who was like 18 or something and was often with his mother who was in a wheelchair. Anyway, at one point in my dream we were at a bar where Karaoke was going on and he said "I would marry you right now if you wanted me to." And I said "Right now??" "Yep," he said, "Right now. I just need to hear you say it."

I don't really remember what happened after that, but then the next thing I know I am standing in line at some college thing because there's all these college age students around me, and I hand a girl a note card of some sort and she says "Oh you worked with Professor Martin?" And I said "Yes. " And she said "He is soo hot. I am jealous. I've been trying to take his class just to stare at him all day."

As I am walking away, he's standing in line and I said "I was just told how hot you were. She's standing over there, maybe you could go make her day." And he said "Oh, is she the only one that thinks I'm hot anymore?" And I said "I think it depends on the day." Then he steps out of line and we're in this classroom talking and he's saying things about how it's great to see me and he misses me. And I tell him how I miss him. Then we kiss for awhile. I go back to whatever and he, I think, gets back in line.

The next thing I remember from the dream is walking by a basketball court and he's playing basketball with his adopted son and his Mom's sitting there watching them. I stop and say hi to his Mom and his son. He asks if he could walk me partially to where I was going and apologizes for what happened earlier. And I said "Hey, we just needed to get it out of our system. We needed closure or something" and he said "Yeah. You're right." Then he says "Except that I'd still marry you right now if you'd let me." Then we kiss again and I wake up.

It was a fantastic dream.

I wish my real love life would be like that. I also think it would make a good movie. Obviously the dream spanned like years. . . but my retelling. . . 5 minutes. I am sure I left some things out. I do remember waking up in this awesome mood.

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

I'm wearing my "Kiss me I'm Iowish" shirt as we speak!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one. I love weird stuff like that. My dream this afternoon: I was teaching Mya (my nearly 2-y-o -- same age in dream) to drive, while also grilling. And we ended up in some bad neighborhood with a strange guy that was my past boss, who ended up helping us after someone stole the caps off my tire nubs. Then I awoke. I am not sure if it is stranger that I was teaching Mya to drive or grilling in the car.