Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random thoughts. . .

I seriously have gotten to spend a lot of time with my family which was much needed. And I went almost 3 months without seeing my Sister and her family. Which is also the longest I've gone without, not only seeing my nephew, but also seeing my sister in my entire life! And you could tell it had been awhile since I saw my nephew because he actually let me kiss on him. At Christmas he informed me that he was too old to be kissed anymore. My roommate emailed me yesterday morning telling me how much she missed Caleb already.


It was a glorious 3 days having them here with me. My sister is one of the most adorable pregnant people. She is literally all belly. And she loves being pregnant. I wish I could show you a picture but for some reason I didn't take any! What's wrong with me?!? The other funny thing is that she saw my cousin Matt, and he had no idea she was pregnant. I told Matt at lunch months ago she was pregnant. Not sure how he missed it. I guess I now know how much he listens to me!

Thoughts that have come to me in the last week:

  • I realized how often I develop little crushes on people. . .and how quickly they fade. One of the guys I had a crush on recently popped up on the side of my facebook and instantly, I was like "he's not as adorable as I thought he was." I guess the attraction faded. Oh well!



  • The other is that a few weeks ago, one of my friends made the comment I just need to get over Josie dying. And while I thought that I had (as I also know I do dwell now and then), I also think I'm allowed a few moments here and there to think about her and feel a little sad. Not crying sad. . . but just a twinge of sadness. I mean, it was a year ago, we scattered her ashes. I'm allowed to feel a little sad about that. I knew her for 20+ years. . .I think that deserves some sort of right to feel her loss. It was redeemed though this weekend when I was visiting Megs for her baby shower. Megs asked me how I was doing and how I was doing with all the Josie stuff. That meant a lot and sort of validated my feelings I was having the month earlier. I'm still allowed to feel sad now and then Dammit! :)

  • Megs is also an extremely adorable pregnant person. She just has this ball in front of her. Literally. I should state that Megs is about 5'3" and maybe 100lbs. She could also out eat and almost out drink my co-worker who is like 6'4" and 250lbs. She is "blessed" with a super fast metabolism. And while you want to hate her for it, you can't. She called me crying from the bathroom once at a bar because she heard some girl call her anorexic and she had eaten a full pizza, salad, and drank 2 mugs of beer. She tried and tried to get pregnant and the doctor told her to gain weight. She just couldn't. She quit running and everything to no avail in gaining weight. Also because of her fast metabolism, she can't take medicine because her body processes it too quickly. So that means pain pills are useless. I'm soo happy and can't wait to meet the little guy.

  • I had one of my friends tell me he was dating someone (this was like over a month ago). . . but he couldn't tell me who it was and he still hasn't told me. WHY even effing tell me you're dating someone. Totally annoying. But I am now passed the point of even bothering to ask him any questions about it because the annoyance was too annoying.

  • I also realized how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and family. I couldn't ask for better people in my life.

  • I got to go to Kenny Chesney last night. My friend Sarah bought tickets for me for my birthday. It was the first time in a super long time she and I had just hung out. Kenny was amazing and puts on a great show. Uncle Kracker opened for him (who was also fantastic) and Billy Currington was after him (who was also awesome). And Billy Currington is really good looking. . . so. . . Good dreams for me last night! ;) It was literally 4 1/2 hours of concert and I loved every bit of it.

  • Tuesday, there were tornadoes all over and around. . . today. . . we have an inch of snow. Welcome to the predictability of a Midwest Spring!

Happy Weekend everyone!


No comments: