Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This Title is just not working. . .

Yesterday, I wasn't in the best of moods as reflected in my post. I was called out on such as during this Lenten Season my goal was to look on the positives and not focus on the negative. Also that I should have referred to myself as Ms. Nice Girl.

The positive on yesterday was that I didn't put my trust into someone for as long as I could have to have it broken. :) Also, I was reassured that I wasn't the crazy person. That always helps when someone assures you of that.

I also realized that I think my new thing in life is to call out people for just making me smile overall. I do try and do that when it happens with my girlfriends now and then, but I feel like I need to do that for everyone. One of my guy friends today almost had me spit out my coffee this morning. I emailed my roommate right after and said "Why can't I be attracted to him?? Super cute, nice, funny, all around good guy, loves sports. . .makes me laugh by almost spitting out my coffee." I almost responded how he made my day just by his comment, but then refrained. He also inadvertantly uses words that could be taken the complete wrong way. . . I can't think of specific examples that he used recently, but my roommate on Saturday after the seeing the commercial with the little giraffe said how she wanted one just so she could stroke it. "Stroke" is one of those words. I believe someone at the table called her out on it. It's funny because he sometimes catches himself, and he clarifies that he's not always as perverted as he sounds. Adorable--that's what he is.

One of my other guy friends who I haven't seen in over a month, sent me a text on Sunday that said "What did you need to vent about?? I miss you." He's only free tonight and since the girls were okay with it, he might crash girl's wine night. It wouldn't be the first time he was the only guy. He made me and the roommie chocolate covered strawberries on Valentine's Day. . . then went and made his girlfriend dinner. He's also one of those people that makes my day sometimes with things he says. But for some reason I am probably more apt to tell him that he just made my day. He is one of my BFFs. I tell him most things.

There was a person today at Target that thanked me for being polite. That made my day. I should have told her that. Wouldn't the world be happier??

No comments: