Thursday, October 1, 2009

Date #2

Tonight is Date #2!! Or did you not get that from the title??

Well I'm hoping it goes well. . . I also love the things my friends' have given me for advice.

My neighbor and friend Mike just emailed me with this "Hope you have fun tonight, our game got canceled so I'll be sitting on my deck having a PBR and holding my softball bat in my lap when he comes to get you..." That's sooo sweet!

There are a few things that exist though with this guy.

One is that I'm not 100% sure I'm physically attracted to him. But am assured that this might not happen right off the bat. I hope so. The girls told me to wait until after the 3rd date to see. My guy friends said the 5th. Do you notice something different???

Two is that I suggested cooking but really wasn't wanting to cook. He is bringing me tomatoes so I can make the tomato thing I was telling him about. I was told that I should make that as an appetizer and then make him take me out to dinner. I tend to agree. Do I really want to sit around my place all night on the 2nd date??? No.

Third is that I have no idea what to do. It's raining outside and cold. I guess no walks outside tonight. Perhaps we can go to Karaoke somewhere.

Fourth is that Mac brought up that I should not mention Dean whatsoever. I did already pre-mention that I have a lot of guy friends as I have noticed that this can be a problem with some guys. I did not mention Dean. I guess Dean and I have some sort of weird friendship that other guys might find threatening. Whatever.

Fifth is that my friend told me today that I haven't been myself. I'm not my happy, chipper self which she knows why and says that I'm allowed to be that way. Which I know I'll grow out of and H said that she's sure my bubbly self will pull through when I'm on my date. I hope so. I hate to think he's meeting the downer me. Or the fake happy me. Which I know I am not myself right now, but do you really tell the guy on the 2nd date "Oh hey, by the way, my close friend died about 5 weeks ago. I'm not really myself right now. Hope you can deal with it!!" Yeah. . . probably not.

I don't have a sixth. Let's hoping it goes well!!!

No comments: