Monday, March 23, 2009

Sorry. . . I didn't get on that. . .

Finishing my blogs I had started I mean! Sheesh dirty minded people! Which is kind of funny because one of them is almost about that. . . .

Anyway, to somewhat tide you over, is something that I realized terrifies me still after almost 19 years. Worms. I almost stepped on one walking from my meeting, and it just made me shutter.

Why on earth would worms scare me soo much?!?

I guess it's not so much that they terrify me, but more so that they creep me the eff out. I used to be able to take the worm and put it on my own hook when I would go fishing. But not now.

Let me set the scene. It's 5th grade. It had rained during the morning, and we were outside for noon recess. Some boys thought it would be funny to throw worms at the girls. HILARIOUS boys. Hilarious. They get yelled at so they stopped, and we all have to line up to go back inside.

Then my friend Jenny says "Hey is there something in my hair?" I quickly glance and am like "No. Nothing." And she says "Are you sure??" So I start to peel through her hair, and there it is. The worm. It had wormed it's way so to speak into the tanglements of her hair and close to her scalp. I am not joking. I did what any other girl would do: I screamed, threw it out of hair, and kept yelling "EWWWWWW."

I am nothing but always cool, calm, and collected.

Since then, I still always shutter every time I see a worm. I even dissected I don't know how many worms in school. And I enjoyed it. I don't know why. Maybe it's because in some way I am inflecting pain on the worm that caused me so much emotional distress. Who knows?!?

No comments: