Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I finally understand! Well kind of. . .maybe. . .I think. . .

I realized after all my years of being 'one of the guys' that I don't understand them. Mainly when it comes to guys dealing with me. I am told by my sister and a lot of my friends, that I have this keen ability to see clearly both sides of an issue and then have the ability to offer insight into both. Except of course, when it comes to matters that involve me. Then I just seem to think the worst or nothing at all.

I've read the book He's Just Not That Into You and realized that just perhaps I let some great guys go because I thought they weren't into me when they actually were. Or held on to guys that I shouldn't have. Or perhaps my biggest thing: making guys my friends instantly as opposed to being open to a relationship. I don't know why I do this. I try not to. But apparently, even people that haven't known me for eons are starting to notice this.

Take for instance last night. There's this guy who I think I've referred to as Kickball guy. And he called me when he got off work and invited me to his house for dinner. Which seeing as we haven't known each other that long could be construed as a date. However, it wasn't just he and I. It was him, his new roommate, one of their best girl friends who also happens to be married to one of their best friends, and me. I should also state, all three of these people minus me have known each other since middle school. So I don't consider this a legitimate date, but then I am told by some people well, he invited you over to his house to hang out with people that he obviously doesn't need extra company to hang out with. And while H did say she'd give me that it wasn't a date, she did say that I would have to admit it was a "I definitely want to be more than friends with you" dinner. I can perhaps give her that. Maybe.

But then that leaves me at other moments of pondering. Are these other 'hanging outings' quasi dates, or are they "I definitely want to be more than friends with you" dinners? I mean where do you draw the line between friends and wanting to be more than friends or wanting to get to know someone as more than friends? I don't know. It's the same thing as what happened on Saturday. Dean Cain ran into my friends on Saturday night while I was back at Wyatt's wedding yet I had a missed call on Saturday night from him wondering where I was at. I called him back of course and while on the phone Wyatt's friend Zach yelled "Quit messing with her!!" And while Zach was only yelling that because he wanted me to go the bar, it was rather entertaining because he didn't know the importance of his statement with regards to who I was even talking to. But then I can't figure out, why not ask my friends where I'm at? They would know. And the thing that ponders me the most is: Why are guys so confusing? And is it me that makes them more confusing??

No comments: