Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Light Rambling for your Tuesday. . .


  • First off Happy 32nd Birthday to my dear friend Josie Jan. I'm sure she's partying it up in heaven as we speak. I'll be cracking open a bottle of wine (or 2) in her honor tonight.



  • This weekend my Great Aunt celebrated her 100th birthday. I hope that I can be just like her when I'm that age. When we got there I wished her a "Happy Birthday" and told her how great she looked. She told me "It's because I don't do anything! I should look great!" Then I asked her if she was having a great time getting to see everyone and she told me that she could go without everyone coming up and talking to her. She doesn't need the attention. haha!

    Later on she was presented with plaques from both the Senate and the House (my Dad's friend being on the Senate side) and he said he asked her what her secret was to living that long and she said "Minding my own business!!" Seriously. I think I just want to get that old so I can say whatever is on my mind and no one gets mad!



  • It was also great to have my parents in town and the awesome Butch. On Thursday night we got back from dinner and I started to get ready for bed early. He took this as the cue I was going to bed, and when I went to grab my glasses, he was already curled up on my bed like old times! What a stinker! When I didn't go to bed, he just followed me out to the living room with my parents.



  • The month of April is almost over and I am looking forward to it! :) Apparently, up North today they have snow. . . it better not come here!



  • My roommie and I were talking and she asked if I thought she was an awesome roommate. I told her that it would be hard to top my old roommate, Sarah. Although, compatibility wise, we get along almost the same and have about as much fun. I told her though, that if we come up with a song and a dance routine, she might just tie for first place with her. Although, she'd have to get an awesome boyfriend, too, that I could hang out with when she wasn't around. Then I got to thinking that not only did Sarah and I have "a song" and a specific dance routine to that song, we'd often sing and dance around the apartment when we'd clean. And in our friend Wyatt's head, we did this while wearing a our tank tops and panties and in between pillow fights. I actually think once he might have come over in the middle of us cleaning and was sadly disappointed. Oh the memories we had.

Happy Week people! Happy Week!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Singing and dancing while cleaning is the only way to actually get through it. I also wear a tiara (seriously).

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

If anyone tries to top me...I just might have to off them...just sayin'. :)

Idea #527 said...

SB--I will give Rachel a heads up you might off her! :)