Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You're Welcome

I apologize in advance for anything that may be stuck in your head after you read this.

For some reason yesterday. . . the song montages running through my head, had no rhyme or reason. And then of course I try to think about why all of a sudden the little man in my head, would go to the file cabinet in my brain and pull out the 8-Track to specific songs and play them.

And am I the only one who pictures someone doing that?? Anyway. . .

I was sitting there working on reports when all of a sudden this came into my head:

You take the Good
You take the Bad
You take them both
And there you have the Facts of Life.
The Facts of Life.
When the world never seems
To be living up to your dreams
And suddenly you're finding out the Facts of Life are all about you.
All about you. . . .

Lyrics are missing but that's all that was running through my head. So then I get to thinking that man, that is soo true. Thank you Alan Thicke. Thank you. Side note: Alan Thicke from Growing Pains wrote the theme songs to the Facts of Life AND Diff'rent Strokes in case you didn't know that. . .but really who would???

My neighbor growing up who was like a Grandma passed away on Friday morning. I was supposed to stop and see her on Friday morning as well. . . about 3 hours after she passed. We got the call at 7am. I was happy to be home with my family when that happened. I was super sad though because I didn't get to say Goodbye. My parents and my sister did and told her that I was thinking about her and appreciated all that she had done for me through the years. We were all going to go on Friday but as her condition worsened, they all went Monday. And all of them were glad they did.

Also found out from my sister and my parents that apparently I don't handle death well. And they really worry about telling me people have died. Could you guys not tell that from when my friend died?? I stopped to see Ruth at Christmas, so I didn't have as much guilt when she died I guess as I could have been so I wasn't as upset as they expected me. And I think I handled both Grandmas and my Grandpa R's passing very well. I mean, yes, I got sad and cry, but I moved on. I do know Josie's has been harder to move on from. And really for the Age of 31, I have experience death a little too much for my age and I don't like it one bit! And I do know for awhile I will be near inconsolable when my Gramps dies. I spend almost every Saturday with him. It will be hard.

The other song:

Drowning deep inside your water
Drowning deep inside your sound

Love me Faster than the devil
Run me straight into the ground
Drowning Deep inside your water
Drowning deep inside your sound

It's Love and Memories from OAR. Not sure why that was in my head either. It was only the chorus. Maybe it's because I feel somewhat abandoned lately. A few of the guys that I used to be super close to and who were there for me all the time just sort of disappeared. I am really starting to think one of them was just wanting to get in my pants. I apologize for the bluntness for any relatives that read that. . .

But the other one really makes me sad. Scratch that. . . I guess more shocked. We really haven't talked since December. We used to talk all the time. Whenever I was back home, he always seemed to go out of his way to see me, even when no one else did. We were close. And then I found out Friday, that I didn't get invited to his wedding when I was out with our mutual friends. The mutual friends who are friends with him because of me. He used to drive once a year to Iowa to come visit me. But apparently driving 5.5 hours to see someone on a yearly basis doesn't mean you're good enough friends to invite to your wedding. Now, I was invited to his first wedding that got called off 4 months before. I know this because I was going to a Cardinal's game that next day and had to make sure when the wedding for sure was. His response to me asking when his wedding was and if I was invited so I could make the plans for that were "You're one of my good friends, of course you're invited! It wouldn't be the same without you!" And now, 3 years later. . . not invited to his wedding. I do know that I've only met his future wife a few times. But still. I've gone to a few friends weddings where the weddings were the first time I'd met the husbands because we all live soo far apart.

I think our mutual friends are more upset with it than me though. And I feel like I should be more upset with it. More angry. But I guess for me, it's going to take more energy to be angry so I'm just not going to worry about it. And I do understand weddings are hard because you only have a set amount of money and can only invite a certain amount of people. It's hard to make a guest list and you have to add and subtract people and whatnot. I've had to help a few friends with the guest list when they asked me who they should or shouldn't invite just because they weren't sure. And I guess my answer was "if you're questioning it, maybe you shouldn't invite them?" There were a few friends from high school whose weddings I wasn't invited to and I still hang out with and keep in touch with sporadically. I wasn't upset. I realize I live far away now and maybe it's just easier to not invite the person who has to travel far and who might not come.

The last song I had was:

Gone, let it wash away the best I had
Gone and when I disappear
Don't expect me back
Don't expect me back

Matt Nathanson--Gone.

Apparently in my mind I'm letting someone go. . .just not sure who though. . .

I should also state it was not the WHOLE song running through my head. . . just those tidbits of the song. . . over and over. . .

Also, for those keeping track, I realized that my roommate and I do have an issue. And it's pretty bad. She. . . She. . . it hurts to say it right now really. . . but. . . I'll just say it. . . she hates Reba McEntire. I love Reba. Always have loved her. It's hard. We couldn't watch the CMAs because she was hosting. And Toby Keith is like a close 2nd of Country Artists she doesn't like either. It hurts because I enjoy both of them as artists. So I guess Sarah will always be the #1 Roommie since we both liked Reba. And can belt out "Fancy". . .or some other Reba tune. . . while we danced around the apartment. :)

No comments: