Monday, July 12, 2010

Reality Check

I know what I'm about to say might offend some people, and for that I am truly sorry. . . but I need to get this off my chest.

I hate Reality TV. *gasp!

I know. I know. I'm all for juicy stories and everything but Reality TV has changed over the years. It's not the same as when I first started watching the Real World New York. I mean, people didn't do it for the fame. . . they did it, just to do it. Well except maybe Eric Nies who subsequently went on to some other things. Maybe Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race have stayed the same . . . but not the others. The Hills is completely fake. I want my Laguna Beach back. Not the ones with Lauren's sister. Those were horrible.

The first Housewives they came out with, was a guilty little pleasure. Now it's out of control. And now I don't watch any of them. I mean there's 2 of them and I'm not sure which show but Bethanny Frankel (sp?) and Danielle Staub that are seriously just fame whores.

I remember growing up where you were actually famous for doing something like sports, being on tv, being in the movies, or for some heroic deed. Now there are all these Reality TV people acting like mega stars. . . but you know?? You're not a star by any means. You're a fame whore. I think that's why I can't watch Jersey Shore. It hurts. I simply just can't watch Reality TV anymore.

Now don't get me wrong. . . I love my food reality shows on the Food Network and the Travel Channel. One of my favorites besides Man vs Food is Three Sheets. . . I'm pretty sure that's not a reality series. . . but it kind of is. . . Just watch it though. It's airing on the Travel Channel at 10 and 10:30pm Central Time on Wednesdays for awhile. If enough people watch it, they are going to start making new episodes. Please do this!

That's my beef with Reality TV. I miss the old original Reality TV. I do. I love the original sitcoms. I'm glad they're making some good ones.

Now let's talk about Lindsay Lohan. She is a spoiled brat who has horrible parents. The End.

Having bad parents doesn't make you a bad person. I should clarify that. Having really good parents also doesn't necessarily mean you'll turn out good. I've seen it both ways. But what I will say is that if you are saying how horrible it is that your daughter has to go do jail and the judge is just being hard on her because she's a celebrity, you should read this thing we call "the law." It clearly states in the law that if you are put on probation instead of going to jail and you break the probation, you will go to jail. I know people that this has happened to. He was on probation for a DUI charge. He got caught driving 3 times when his license was suspended. The judge was very lenient on him and since he had a great job, said "I will put you on a curfew" so sort of like home confinement and had a curfew. And you know what?? He broke it one weekend, and what do you know?? He was sentenced to 30 days jail. He only served 15 days. . . but still. . .He broke the law and his probation terms and had to go to jail. I did also make fun of him for say thinking he was above the law and such on a repeated basis. But still. . . he learned not to be a douche.

Okay, enough talking about her. . .I'm done! :)

I got to meet Ingrid Michaelson on Thursday. It was pretty awesome and she's an awesome singer.

I think that's all I got! Hope all is well!

No comments: