Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Need to Vent

I'm really hoping my friend doesn't read my blog. . . I'm pretty sure she doesn't but. . . I need to say something to her.

My open opinion to my friend who was recently dumped*:

I know that many times I keep telling you over and over to not talk to him. And I know I am right. And no matter how many times you keep telling me how he's your best friend and you're always friends with your exes so you can't quit talking to him, here's why you should not talk to him for awhile:

1) He told you that he's thinking of maybe asking some girl(s) out from his office because they seemed interested in him. He broke up with you 2 weeks before that.

2) He keeps telling you that somethings missing and there's no spark but maybe it will work out later on with you guys.
  • Ummm. . . he's basically telling you that he doesn't want to be with you, but if he can't find someone else then maybe it will work out. And here you keep talking to him like old times with the hope that maybe he'll come around.
3) He's not your friend. He's a jerk. For these reasons:
  • If he was your friend, he would have openly shouted from the mountain tops that you were his girlfriend. After you two went on vacation to a tropical place, he still didn't tell anyone you two were dating.
  • Also, when I had said something to his co-workers about you two dating, and they were in shock, and I told you and you and him talked about it, he said "well after you move here, we can officially say we're together, why do it now??" If he was your friend, he would care about your feelings, and tell his old co-workers that he liked you a lot, but since you two live far away from each other, you didn't want to make it official.
  • When you officially applied for a job to move there and then the day before you found out if you got it, he broke up with you telling you there was something missing, and he didn't want to be with you anymore.
  • If he was really your friend, he would tell you to move on and get over him. He wouldn't keep telling you that maybe there's a chance sometime in the future.

4) He sucks. Period.

Okay, that's all I have to say. I'm sorry if it hurts, but it's the truth. A sad truth that I know all too well. Heck, I've been him. I've said things like that even when I didn't want to be with that person because I couldn't be honest with them and the thought of hurting their feelings hurt more. But you know what?? He already hurt your feelings. He's a coward, and he's leading you on. You know after a month or 2 if something is missing in a relationship. Since you've dated off and on for 3 years, he should have known by now.

I love you and I don't want you to get hurt more than you already are. He was selfish when he moved and told you the night that another guy hit on you that he was in love with you and I think it was mainly because this guy had hit on you. You deserve better. You deserve some guy who asks you to go on vacation and then will admit to his friends that you're dating.

Sincerely,

Me. Been there, done that.

*I use the term dumped instead of broken up with since he literally dumped her as they had even looked at houses to move in to if she got the job there.

No comments: