Tuesday, December 11, 2007

If I could fire some friends. . . I would. . .

I used to hang out with a lot of guys in college. It was several different groups of guy friends, but there were two groups of guy friends that I was almost inseparable with and still stay in touch with. Well one group in particular: Brad, Matt, Andrew, Jake, Mark B, and Mark J and I used to have pajama parties and whatnot through out college and they still came to visit even after they moved away and I was still in college. When I moved to Iowa, though, our hanging out mostly resorted to football games and weddings.

Well recently I had emailed them about Josie and Mark J emailed me back and said thanks for letting he and his wife know and asked how I was and what I was up to now. I responded that I was doing the same thing and said that I was planning a trip to Madison and would get a hold of him. His response was that they no longer lived in Madison and actually moved to Iowa. The funny part: They live a mile from me. For some reason Kristin and Mark thought I lived in the Quad Cities. The even better part: None of our guy friends even realized where I lived, let alone where they lived, nor made the connection that they send me Christmas cards to near the same place. When I emailed our guy friends to ask why they are retarded I got several replies: "Do I look like Magellan??" & "Once they said Iowa, I quit listening as to where they said they lived. Why do you guys move to Iowa? Merry Christmas Crazy person!" & "I wasn't planning on visiting them nor you, so didn't really matter. I can see corn in IL." Their responses reminded me why I hate them so much sometimes. . . and why I love them at the same time!

1 comment:

pj said...

The way your friends feel about Iowa is the way I feel about Ill-Annoy. Crab tried to make me live there once and I refused.