Sunday, December 2, 2007

Guest Post. . on the DL . . .

My cousin, H, and I talk a lot. And well, this email I got from her on Monday with regards to me being gone the day before Thanksgiving was hysterical. So it's my first guest post. Even though technically she didn't realize I would post it! haha!!

Times I thought about you on Wednesday:
7:35 a.m. - Was going to e-mail you to say "What's up!" Remembered you were gone. Was sad. 9:00 a.m. - Couldn't figure out why I had fewer e-mails than usual. Remembered you were gone. Wondered what the hell I am going to do with the rest of my day.
9:20 a.m. - Was in the bathroom and thought my pee smell liked toilet bowl cleaner. Realized it was because there was still toilet bowl cleaner in the bowl. Felt relieved. Wanted to tell you, but you were gone.
9:25 a.m. - Wondering when you and Caleb are going to call me. 9:26 a.m. - Wondering when you are going to update your GD blog? 9:36 a.m. - Wanted to tell you that I asked Layne if I could put Christmas lights up in my office and he said yes so that means by this time Friday Christmas will have thrown up in here too. Seriously I have a garland left over that I'm going to use and I'm going to hang lights and ornaments from my ceiling. It is going to be awesome.
9:39 a.m. - Wanted to tell you that when Jody came out of her room last night and saw that I had made her a stocking she almost cried. It was really sweet.
9:44 a.m. - Seriously, when are you going to update your blog? 9:56 a.m. - Have spent the past 20 minutes or so trying to remember what the name of the town is that your parents moved to. Finally decided to look at the map. I know that Christy lives in Strawn. HAHA, there's a town named Cereal! I totally want to move there and name my kids Captain Crunch and Coco Puffs. But honestly I can't remember. Oh there's a lake down here! Is it Loda? Did your parents move to Loda? If you were here I would ask. But seriously Illinois is awesome. There's a town named Risk. And Foosland. Where they obviously play lots of Foosball. If you were here I'm sure you would appreciate this diatribe.
10:46 a.m. - I'm getting pretty hungry. This is something I would normally tell you, but you're gone. 11:11 a.m. - Wanted to tell you I think my sign looks terrible. By the time I got done filling in the letters on "Marry me" my hand was starting to get really tired so the "LeBron" doesn't look the best and I just scribbled "(Just don't tell my boyfriend)" underneath and I don't think it's big enough and I hope Bill can fix it while I get ready for the game because I don't want to look at it anymore.
11:12 a.m. - I am starving now. 11:42 a.m. - Is it bad that I never turn around and talk to Mini Me when we are talking? I just don't like to look at her.
12:56 p.m. - It is freezing. 1:10 p.m. - Need nap. Immediately. But if I am in a food coma now over a veggie sub my poor body is going to go into complete shock tomorrow. I should have been eating MORE this week to stretch my stomach. Shit.
2:35 p.m. - Me: I'm bored out of my mind. I'm ready to go. You: Me too. Me too. Me: Yeah, but you can go whenever you want. You: True…true... (The conversation we would have had right now. If you were here.) 2:42 p.m. - I thought you and Caleb were going to call me. What happened to that? Hmmm? 2:54 p.m. - I just got off a six-minute phone conversation with you (not Caleb), so that means you called at 2:48, so that means that you called six minutes after I was thinking you should, so that means I have telekinetic powers!
2:59 p.m. - "Oooh, baby do you know what that's worth? Oooh heaven is a place on earth…" I have that stuck in my head. I know you will appreciate it. But oh wait…you're not here.
3:11 p.m. - The knew Alicia Keys songs totally sucks. It makes my eardrums want to pop out. You probably like it, don't you?
3:24 p.m. - Now I have Deck the Halls in my head. Thanks a lot, A. I don't know how it is your fault but I know it must be.

Times I thought about you on Friday: I didn't.

No comments: