Monday, October 22, 2007

Awkward Moment #2,087

I look forward to the massage lady coming into work. I can't help it. I needed it especially this week!! But for some reason, she slightly weirds me out. I can't quite put my finger on it either. I think it's because sometimes she accidently grabs my boob. But then again, she's a massage lady so it's bound to happen when working on one's back and reaching around the side. My sister has accidently boob poked me on numerous occasions and we get a good laugh at it. (And my brother-in-law get slightly turned on, but I think that happens on a daily basis.) But on Friday, she sort of made me a little uncomfortable. What do you think??

Examples:

Massage Lady: Ummm. . . I think you'll have to take your shirt off today. It will be easier to work without your undershirt.
(She leaves, and I take off my shirt and bra and call her back in)
Me: Oh that's fine about the shirt. I usually don't take it off for the simple fact, that I am at work. It just sort of strikes me as odd to take my shirt and bra off and then going back up to the office.
ML: Oh. . . I can see that. I guess you could have just undone your bra. That's what some people do. (NOW she tells me!!)

About 10 minutes later. . . .

ML: So, you don't seem that tight. Are you doing anything different??
Me: It could be the Pilates and Bosu classes I'm teaching. I definitely could be stretched out.
ML: Probably. Bosu is that half ball right??
Me: Yep.
ML: Have you ever had sex on the big ball??
Me: (Silence) Umm. . .No. . .
ML: I really want my boyfriend to try it but he won't.
Me: Oh.

So as you can see. . . things that are slightly uncomfortable for me to talk about while partially undressed and having a stranger talk to me while they massage my body.
A) I was kind of getting the feeling she wanted me partially naked.
B) I don't like hearing about stranger's sex lives, let alone while they are massaging me! haha!

Am I wrong???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could probably go my entire life and not have something like this happen to me.

pj said...

Well, it could be worse. It could be over familiarity during a bikini wax. But then they probably wouldn't have those at work...

Captain Crab said...

You may have to resort to an old pirate trick: when around weird people, act weirder than they do.