Sunday, January 5, 2014

Before the Moment just. . . passes you by. . .

Yeah. . . I quoted "My Best Friend's Wedding". . . sue me.  :)

It's funny. . . I don't know how often lately I've heard "Man, life just gets in the way sometimes."  And it's true.  Life seems to just fly by now and then.  We move away, we lose touch with people, and we forget what kept us together to begin with.

My sister tells me all the time that I'm the glue that keeps our extended family together.  I live in Iowa where it's easier to do that I guess. . . who knows?!?  When my Grandpa and Grandma R died, after that first year anyway, we sort of quit getting together for Christmas and other holidays.  But we also sort of quit doing that after my Grandma J died.  Gramps doesn't seem to make a big deal out of the holidays although, deep down he loves to be around all of us.  He's just that silent type who doesn't want to make a big deal out of anything or ask for help.  He's 88 and he's been able to do everything up until this point so why stop??  The man had a catheter in a few years ago and thought it was a good idea to MOW HIS LAWN.  Well I didn't want to bother your uncle. . . Sometimes, I wish my other cousins and even his own kids could see how much he enjoys them and appreciates them.  I was telling my Dad how much Grandpa loves when he calls from Texas and tells him how the fishing is.  Dad was surprised because he said Grandpa always made it seem like he was interrupting something.  So now my Dad calls him almost daily and tells him the fishing report.  And then Gramps tells everyone "Well Michael says in Texas. . . .

I was going back to finish a post and came across this one that I never posted. . . which makes me sad. . . I miss him so much.  But I'm posting this anyway. . . I don't remember what I was going to say after this. . . but thought I'd share anyway.

**I just realized this post was started 2 weeks before Uncle Larry passed too.  I got busy on Uncle Larry's birthday and forgot to call him.  A week later he passed.  The moment just goes by so fast!

No comments: